Could this be an egg sac?

AchillesGoh540

Arachnopeon
Guys, could this be an egg sac?? This T is a WC specimen and had been in captivity for around 4 months and yesterday night when I was about to feed her a cricket, I saw her holding this sac using her fangs and pedipalps. I had never mated it and it had never molted in captivity. Anyone knows about the gestation period for a Chilobrachys sp. Penang? Should I still continue to feed it crickets? Would the crickets attack the egg sac like how they attack a molting T? If I don't feed the mother, could the mother just eat the eggs? Next, should I remove the sac from the mother to incubate it? If yes, how should I do it? Should I just set the incubator up and break the sac's membrane and lay the eggs out or just leave the whole sac in the incubator? And lastly, how can I determine if the eggs are fertile? Sorry for the long passage and I hope I can get answers from you guys ASAP, thanks!
FB_IMG_1481073507616.jpg IMG-20161206-WA0005.jpeg IMG-20161206-WA0009.jpeg IMG-20161206-WA0007.jpeg

Sana

Arachnoprince
Congratulations on your egg sac. How long ago did she lay it? A couple days, a week? I don't know any way to tell if it's fertile but to wait and see. Most folks leave an egg sac with mom for around 30 days and then remove it and put it in an incubator thereafter. You don't want to feed her, she isn't going to eat. She is only going to take care of the sac. I would keep her as quiet and undisturbed as possible between now and pulling the sac. If there is something wrong with the sac or it isn't fertile she will most likely abandon it or eat it. She could also do those things if she gets bothered too much/

AchillesGoh540

Arachnopeon
Yay! Thanks a lot guys! So I should just leave the sac with the mother for a month before removing it? It's worth it then, this T attacked me when I encountered it in the wild! It bit me on my back and I need to cut the wound open to let the venom flow out. It's worth it now I guess, seeing that it have an egg sac! I felt that something's weird though, this species can usually reach 6 inches but mine is only around 4.5-5 inches, never thought that it would sexually mature at this size.

AchillesGoh540

Arachnopeon
@Sana Sorry I forgot to answer your question ><
I suppose it just made that sac yesterday as I check on my Ts everyday around 8 pm to make sure that they're alright. It webs a lot on the branches in its enclosure but it started webbing like crazy around 5 days ago. This is what it looked like from above when I first discovered the sac. IMG-20161206-WA0011.jpeg
It cleared the webbing when I look at it again this morning and the photo is shown above.

creepa

Arachnoknight
Yay! Thanks a lot guys! So I should just leave the sac with the mother for a month before removing it? It's worth it then, this T attacked me when I encountered it in the wild! It bit me on my back and I need to cut the wound open to let the venom flow out. It's worth it now I guess, seeing that it have an egg sac! I felt that something's weird though, this species can usually reach 6 inches but mine is only around 4.5-5 inches, never thought that it would sexually mature at this size.
Hahaha what a story..., i wish i had brown angry spiders like that in my country!!

Quixtar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Some Ts will lay phantom sacs with nothing inside. I'd wait to pull the sac until 35-40 days have passed though.

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
Mate, you cannot let venom out by cutting yourself. Don't think that helps if you get bitten by anything ever.

AchillesGoh540

Arachnopeon
Hahaha what a story..., i wish i had brown angry spiders like that in my country!!
Not fun. I was in the Civil Defense and I encountered it while looking for a stranded group of college students. It got into our Defender and that's how I got her. The bite was really awful.
Mate, you cannot let venom out by cutting yourself. Don't think that helps if you get bitten by anything ever.
Well… blame the damn rookie. It isn't like I asked for it. He came from the family of the traditional Chinese doctors and he is a certified doctor too and he's really good in treating wounds and illnesses using herbs so yeah, whatever, I just let him do whatever he wants.l