could i get an id?

moose35

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have a striatus and though they get about 7-8" mine is 5" and a slow grower, she is a slate blue with orange markings like yours. In fact I had a A. seemani but traded it when I got my striatus. Ive had my striatus for about 2years and she only molted this year, and not last year- so they take time. Mine also alows me to hold her at times, and she is not a flicker at all, thought sometimes gets flighty. She is a pretty docile spider on the whole, and definatly not an easy species to find. Look at your striatus in the sun light and you will see a really nice slate blue color, making this one of my favorite t's to own.

cool that makes me feel much better i just thought mine was just a runt. and yes she is 1 of my favorites also. yea the blue is really outstanding. unlike anyother blue T that i've seen..

thanks again for all your help guys
i've tried for the last 2 years or so to get a proper id. but i was always too lazy to take pics. she is no longer a mystery..

moose

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
Also looks a lot like Lasiodorides polycuspulatus, here's a freshly molted female for comparison:

But, using pictures to ID a spider is pretty inaccurate, IMO.

moose35

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
nice lookin T moricollins...but my little girl is definatly a Lasiodorides striatus. i finally spoke to the guy i got her from and mentioned that name to him and he had them during time i bought her. plus i think that slate blue is kinda a giveaway now after reading up on Lasiodorides striatus...

again thanks everyone

moose