Costs of Goliath Birdeater

slimtim454

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I was thinking about purchasing a Goliath Birdeater and was wondering how much they cost?

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
4-5" gender is a non factor
WHAT>>>>non factor?
i guess i dont understand that at all
females will almost certianly cost more if they are sexed ....
unsexed well you take your chances.
i have what was sold as a female , havent checked the execuvum yet.. but she is about 4-5 inches
prob gonna sell her tho. im not as enamoured with her as i thougth i would be lol

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
50-80 bucks. Depends...as mentioned shop around keep your eyes open. It never fails you will buy one and the next day see that same thing on sale. Ha ha that sounds like something my Gf would say.:p

4-5" gender is a non factor
I think he means he just wants one does not matter the sex and hes shooting for that size............

So if you truely dont care then a male will be cheaper.

slimtim454

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
WHAT>>>>non factor?
i guess i dont understand that at all
females will almost certianly cost more if they are sexed ....
unsexed well you take your chances.
i have what was sold as a female , havent checked the execuvum yet.. but she is about 4-5 inches
prob gonna sell her tho. im not as enamoured with her as i thougth i would be lol
Ok then, breeding is a non factor. I guess i'll take my chances

slimtim454

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I found a few 4-5 inchers at a local pet store for $85. Think I can get one cheaper?

speedreader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
search the stores and for sale section.
You can definitely get them cheaper - depends how much time you want to spend searching.
However, local store means no delivery charge.

Hamburglar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
dont forget to include shipping in your total cost if you buy one online... If I was receivinga 4-5" I would probably want it shipped overnight which adds quite a bit... but that is just my opinion.. many have had luck with slower shipping and larger T's..

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I found this 5" blondi at my local pet store. $120.00!!!! :confused: What a rip. It molted a week later, I took it in the back to sex it, and it is a male and they still wont lower the price for me.....

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I found a few 4-5 inchers at a local pet store for $85. Think I can get one cheaper?
for a T. blondi i dont think id buy from a pet store .... but ... prices isnt bad for a female probably real bad for a male

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
ok, now i'm really confused.:confused: do you want to know the price of a Goliath bird eater, or a greenbottle blue (GBB)?

KingBowser

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I paid $200 for my female but she was about 9'' or so at the time and was a beloved pet of the store owner(it took me weeks to talk her into selling it to me). Then I paid $50 for a 5 incher. I say shop around.

dangerprone69

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Personally, I'd rather pay extra money and get a guaranteed female from a reputable breeder/dealer. Many times the ones you see for sale at low prices look like they've been through hell.

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
hahaha maybe i should just stick to scorpions.
haha, it's all good! just search around and learn a bit more, you'll be fine. tarantulas are fun, but you definitely should know how to keep and care for them:) say, do you have any T's yet? personally, i wouldn't START with a goliath bird eater :eek: start with something a little easier and friendlier;)