Costarican Tigerrump???

The Juice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have a costarican tiger rump and it webbed it's self in for about 3 weeks and it just molted> My question is Do they usually stay in their hide most of the Time or is do they just when they are about to molt? I would also like to know what to expect from them like behavior>

That_Guy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
This is a small species. I handle mine. But ONLY to change its substrate or something else where I have NO other choice to but move it. It will stay in its hide..How big is the hide? If its to small, it will out grow it and will come out. But I think that, for the most time it will stay in it... Hope it helps!

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Hi,
Mine is now in an excellent home. I was always told,
"Don't handle, blah, blah."
However, to get it into its travel cup, I had to. Although fast, very calm. Mine had this cute habit of perpetually standing with its rump pointed straight up. Awesome eaters, and have got to be the webbing Kings, of the terrestrial world. Very hardy.
Peace,
Gillian

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Yep, mine built a nice web-house too, and hardly ever leaves it. Maybe it's getting ready for a molt, but who knows... Maybe he just felt like webbing a lot.

Dennis

petitegreeneyes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I too have one and it stays in its pvc pipe home most of the time. But when it does come out it is always a joy to watch. They are really cool looking. Webs like crazy:)

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Mine... about 1", is a shy, sweet little thing. Prefers to hide, but comes out to eat. When I handle it, it JUST STOPS MOVING. I think it's pretending I can't see it and if it moves, it will catch my eye! Gorgeous combination of metallic carapace and striped butt! LUV 'EM!!!

Mendi

Arachnowolf
Old Timer
I've got an adult female and she seems to stay inside her hide most all the time. When she's ready to molt, she has it pretty much completely webbed shut, but other than that it's webbed but there is a hole for ti exit quickly to catch her prey. I handle mine on occassion and though she's nervous and flicking hairs at the beginning, she does calm down fairly well. But before I get her out, I go by the mood she exhibits as to whether she comes out or not. She does sometimes go into threat postures, and if she's really feeling angry she holds her butt pretty much straight up. And she hates my tongs and tweezers both as she has striked at them before. They are a great looking spider and for the most part are fairly docile.

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have a juvenile C. fasciatum. I'm waiting until she gets to a substantial size before naming her but the top choice will be Shelob. She's only a 1/2 sling right now. Here's a picture of her. It looks to me like she's getting ready to molt.

Attachments