Costa Rican Zebra

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Im looking to buy one. Any advice?
Go to a store or website and purchase one. If going to a store, you may want to drive a car of some sort to convey yourself there.

If you are curious about husbandry...

Here you go...

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Go to a store or website and purchase one. If going to a store, you may want to drive a car of some sort to convey yourself there.

If you are curious about husbandry...

Here you go...
It was my first T. Easy to take care of and a pretty fast grower for an Aphonopelma.

jeff1962

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have one,never comes out of its burrow,I have only had it for a month hopefully this behavior will change.

WyvernsLair

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm happy so far with my 5 little ones. They are now 1/2" in size... fast little buggers. So much fun at feeding time.

Diggy415

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i got one asa freebie, very fast as it got out as i transfered containers on it, and rather big, always ontop or in it's hide. Maybe mine will change as well.

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
An easy to care for, pretty T. Water dish, hide, lots of substrate, they like to dig and burrow but I offer a hide anyway. Some can be defensive, some aren't, but they are a fast moving T. They eat well, and grow quickly. I don't mist, but I do overfill the water dish twice a month. You will like it, they are beautiful and are interesting to watch while hunting their dinner.

julesee

Arachnopeon
thanks everybody! I ended up getting one today and its about a month old...if that. Im so excited to watch it grow up! {D

julesee

Arachnopeon
well its not my first spider..but its about 1 cm. i fed it for the first time today and ate 5 pinheads in a matter of 5 mins..than carried their bodies around. Hes a twisted little guy but very fun to watch him eat.

Diggy415

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
hey i got a q about the zebras, when they molt, do they take it out of the currow their in or leave it there and find another burrow?? Also mines backside is got a blk patch on it, true to it getting ready to molt? any true signs to premolt when they are this small? i know they go upside down and lose hairs but this small whats the signs.

xBurntBytheSunx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
this was my first tarantula. you can get a big girl for very cheap, and they're super easy to take care of.

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
hey i got a q about the zebras, when they molt, do they take it out of the currow their in or leave it there and find another burrow?? Also mines backside is got a blk patch on it, true to it getting ready to molt? any true signs to premolt when they are this small? i know they go upside down and lose hairs but this small whats the signs.
The dark spot is the reflective patch. All T's have it, and it is not a sign of an upcoming moult. Once the T refuses food, and you see it get a shade or two darker, then that is a moulting sign.

In regards to the moult, many T's will clean out thier borrow, and remove the moult. I personally have never seen this since I remove them myself in an attempt to sex them.

Good luck !