Costa Rican Zebra Tarantula and Humidity Question

Aragorn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have a Costa Rican zebra tarantula and from what I have read this morning it said it may require high humidity. Is this true? What is the result for keeping them on bone dried substrate? I have been keeping mine on a bone dried substrate for quite sometime now, and nothing bad has happened yet. The other one that I used to have, it was also my first tarantula, I kept it in high humidity, but it died shortly after for some unknown reason. That's why I've kept this one on dried substrate and he last way longer than my other one. He has a good appetite, too. Your input please!

MindUtopia

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I've kept these on dry substrate with no problem. You should be fine as well. I would perhaps just try overflowing the water dish a bit on a weekly basis just to provide some moisture. I don't think your previous T necessarily died due to the humidity, but it's more likely just the result of poor health (especially if you bought it as an adult since these are often wild caught and not in great condition).

starseed

Arachnopeon
I keep mine on bone dry substrate and it seems to do fine. I keep his water dish full and mist a corner of the cage every couple days just to keep some moisture in there. I also keep half of the lid covered so less moisture can escape.

It the winter it will sometimes get too dry in the house if I forget to kick on my humidifier and he will actually sit and soak in his water dish for hours at a time. Thats when I know to mist more frequently to keep the tank more moist and it keeps him happy.

Spyder 1.0

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I mist once a week+small waterdish. The substrait is dry/moist on the top. I use a coconut hide.