Correction! The youngs are on the mother's back

cul3one104

Arachnopeon
I'm using a 20L tank and there are 4 scorpions total with one that gave birth. The youngs are on her back inside the burrow. All of my scorpions are using the same burrow under the flat rock. I really don't know what I'm suppose to do next. I'm feeding them large crickets; will the crickets harm the youngs? Do I need to separate my scorpions? Do I need to feed them something that won't harm the youngs? What should I do? Some one please help me. Thank you

Dwight

XOskeletonRED

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Remove all other scorpions from the enclosure. They have been known to cannabalize the young after wearing down the mother. Try to keep from disturbing the mother, you don't want her to believe the young are in danger and eat them herself. As for crickets, they can be fed to the mother and she'll feed the young, but do not keep crickets in the enclosure allowing them to roam around. If they are not made a meal of immediately, remove them from the enclosure and try again a little later. Use forceps or other utensils which will keep your hand clear for the scorp to feed her, so the crickets do not have the chance to harm the young.

adios,
edw. :D

XOskeletonRED

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
She may if you use forceps and dangle it in front of her... If they dont move, they don't get eaten. It is always best to go with living food though, whenever possible.

adios,
edw. :D