Corn Snake's first adult mouse

starmaiden

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Awww...Congrats! She looks great! At first I thought that mouse was too big for her, but she got it all down and looked like she's smilin' too! The pic with the tail hanging out of her mouth looks like she's saying 'See mom! i did it!' LOL! :clap:

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Pretty impressive there! (I see that recipe for chicken under the bowl... you aren't fattening her up for any nefarious reason now are you) {D {D {D

No seriously, how big is your corn snake, mine are about 3/4 of an inch in diameter and nearly 20 inches long, I've been still feeding them fuzzies about the size of an average male thumb, about three per snake. I'm wondering if I should go with larger prey now that I see yours. :p

Also I like your snakes colouration mine are dark orange, I really like the light variation you have. :D

AviculariaLover

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Aww its so pretty, you're making me miss my corn... (he is at home, I'm at college)... very similar coloration, mine's a bit more pinkish though. Always so much fun to watch snakes eat {D

My corn was about three feet nine inches the last time I measured, and he snaps up adult mice right out of my hand, not even waiting for me to drop it!

Just wait until yours gets bigger, its so great, with this coloration they look so impressive. :D

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
Very beautiful and congrats hehe!

What's that morph called? Snow?

green_bottle_04

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
awsome! great looking snake!!! is it a motley snow? albino motley? blizzard? i cant see the belly colors that well thats why i cant tell...but its a beautiful snake!!! do you always cup feed or will it eat in its enclosure?

Takumaku

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
No seriously, how big is your corn snake, mine are about 3/4 of an inch in diameter and nearly 20 inches long, I've been still feeding them fuzzies about the size of an average male thumb, about three per snake. I'm wondering if I should go with larger prey now that I see yours. :p
By your description, your snake should be able to handle hoppers and/or small adult mice. Typically by the time I'm feeding my snakes 2x their current meal, I'll try the next size feeder to see if they can handle it.

Taku

Tleilaxu

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The first adult mouse is always a mile stone. It good to see you used prekilled/forzen mice as well.

Snipes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It is about 35 inches long and a bit bigger than my thumb. She had previously eated two to three fuzzies every two weeks. Damn, i knew someone was going to mention the book underneath! I did it on the living room table and that book just happened to be there.
I am not sure exactly what it is, i would think its a snow. I got it at Petco because it had been there several months, it was on sale, and the person who takes care of them is a very good person who takes good care of the animals. I can get a pic of the underside when i get home next. She has some really nice colors, especially when freshly molted. Here are some pics of her colors from about 6 months ago:

the colors have since gotten a bit more vibrant

GailC

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thats a nice little snow:) I can't wait until mine get big enough to take adult mice. They a currently on large pinkies and large fuzzies. I'm getting 5 more corns in a couple weeks, 2 are adults and I can't wait to feed them.

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
That is so adorable! I, too, am eager for my cute little Cinnabar to make it to fuzzies. She's still on the pinky-a-week regimen.

HerpCenter

Arachnopeon
Hello,

Congrats on the successsful feeding! To answer a question in this thread, there is a rule to follow when deciding how large the prey should be for your snake. You should try offering prey that is 1 1/2 times the thickest part of the sanke. (The largest girth you could measure.)

My snow corn, who is 5, is taking small rats without an issue, every 10-12 days.