copulation and filling

Czemcio420

Arachnopeon
hello :) Can a male be full in one day? My versicolor was introduced to 4 different females for 10 days, and each time he copulated willingly, I will introduce them again, but I wonder what it looks like in practice?

cold blood

Staff member

Czemcio420

Arachnopeon
You will need to explain what you mean here.

Are you letting the male create a new sperm web between the pairings??

Again, you are going to have to explain exactly what you mean here.
the male was admitted on March 25 - copulation took place again. I gave him to the second female on March 26 - I wonder if he filled his bulbs so quickly or just came up and copulated empty
Does a male copulate as a sign that he always has sperm?

sparticus

Arachnoknight
I don't think there's any way to know for sure, and it probably varies by individual. I think the best bet would be to give the male a break between each female and observe for signs of sperm web before introducing him to the next female. Seems like that would give you the highest chance of successful breeding, but I am not a breeder. I would suspect that the biological drive to mate when there is opportunity would be present whether he is actually able to fertilize eggs or not.

Czemcio420

Arachnopeon
Myślę, że nie ma sposobu, aby wiedzieć na pewno, a to prawdopodobnie różni się w zależności od osoby. Myślę, że najlepiej byłoby dać mężczyźnie przerwę między każdą z samic i obserwować oznaki sieci nasienia przed przedstawieniem go następnej kobiecie. Wygląda na to, że dałoby ci to największą szansę na udaną hodowlę, ale nie jestem hodowcą. Podejrzewałbym, że biologiczny popęd do kojarzenia się, gdy jest okazja, byłby obecny, niezależnie od tego, czy rzeczywiście jest w stanie zapłodnić jaja, czy nie.
[/CYTAT]

ikona Zweryfikowane przez społeczność

thank you :) I heard different opinions on this subject - I wanted to know your opinion, have a nice day

ikona Zweryfikowane przez społeczność