cool/scary

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Ummm, no. That is why I don't have one. I'll let you know though if my P. cancerides ever gets out and tap dances across the carpet. I imagine that would be rather heart stopping as well.

Windchaser

Arachnoking
Old Timer
No, but I have had one run up my arm. I wasn't too happy when I noticed it heading under my shirt sleeve. The idea of a P. murinus under my shirt was not too appealing. You do have to respect their speed.

Last edited:

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hi i am geting a p. murinus about 3ins next week man that keep me on my toes thanks for telling me so i know what i have to expect lol -- phil :eek:

darkness_falls8

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Reading that they're fast....and actually experiencing their speed is totally different. but it's a great species, probably one of my most favorites.

Venom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Lol, I see you've changed your mind about these then, Phil! ;) Glad to see you're willing to learn :)

I think you'll find they're not as dangerous as you originally thought.

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hi yes i give it a go ! what can i loose apart from my hand lol only joking {D its 3ins so not to big and if need any help i will ask you guys -- :) thanks phil :worship: :clap:

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
cant count the number of time it happened ... over 40 time lol

theyre far to be the monster that most people like to give the reputation, so no its not scary

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I just got my second P. murinus. This one is a sling and I thought I would handle it at the shop before I bought it. Once I got it on my hand it lept and ran under all the shelving on the floor. When I finally located it, I startled it and it ran out from under the shelf, right towards my face. :eek: I put my hand down in front of it and it ran up my arm and I was able to get it back in it's container. Needless to say, I bought it a few crickets and took it home. It was just as scared as I was but I'm real glad I got it. I would have hated to leave a loose T at the pet store and pay for it.

kitty_b

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i think crawldad had one run up his son's shirt and snuggle into his armpit. :eek:

i have seven 1/2" babies. i'm going to have a small swat team when they're grown up.

OldHag

ArachnoHag
Old Timer
Ive had two tarantulas escape.....and BOTH were P. murinus!! One I didnt find for 9 months, the other I found the next day. SCARY! I still have a hard time reaching into dark corners...

common spider

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Mine also ran up my arm then on my back and then all over the place it just seems to be crazy!

Thats why I never touch or handle it AT ALL!!!!:eek:

x-fan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
theyre far to be the monster that most people like to give the reputation, so no its not scary
agree. I think if you treat it with respect and stay alert there is no real chance get bitten. I've heard thing or two about those lovely spiders. I have one myself and i'm scared to death but in love with it the same time. This is the only one that is comming out to see what's happening when i'm opening the lid to feed it. I like the lack of fear in this little guy. He is all speed and attitude :)))
I'm thinkin' getting another for my birthday. I'm pretty sure this will be the specie that will bite my "virgin" finger but .. what the hell, it's the coolest tarantula ever :)))

rYe

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Reading that they're fast....and actually experiencing their speed is totally different. but it's a great species, probably one of my most favorites.
They're not fast, they've got teleportation powers!