Contacting a business - (specifically rme)

Pulk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've never ordered online before, so let me know if I'm being unrealistic.
I have a few questions about a specific invert from reptilemogulexotics, and I sent them an email Saturday morning. (Friday night now.)
I know a week isn't -that- long, but I would expect that somebody with an intent to sell things would make a significant effort to respond to their customers promptly. I mean, I don't run any sort of business, and I check my email at least once per day, and always respond within a day.
So basically, how long is normal to wait for this kind of thing?
thanks, and sorry for being impatient.

Edit: come to think of it, Jared hasn't posted since 2006, and it looks like the site hasn't been updated in a while. did reptile moguls exotics just... end? (if so, where did i neglect to notice this?)

Edit edit: Huh. Looks like he got in trouble with the law. But also there is a satisfied customer from January?

:confused:

Last edited:

Brian F.

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'd be curious as to exactly what species he got busted with. At any rate, even if he is still in business, an unanswered e-mail from a week ago is unacceptable. I'd move on.

Incidentally, you can post a wanted to buy (WTB) thread under the for sale/trade page. Just state what you want and how much you'd be willing to pay and see if anybody can help with what you're looking for. Good luck.

arachnocat

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Yikes! That's too bad. I did a trade with Jared a few months ago. He was a bit slow to respond to emails but the trade went just fine otherwise.

Pulk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Alright, thanks. I'll assume he's not going to be the one I buy from.
So four or five days is when you'd decide to be someone else's customer?

Taceas

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Bummer. Generally I give a seller 3 days to respond to me, and if nothing by then, I look elsewhere for what I want. This day in age there really isn't any excuse they can't respond within a day, provided some act of heaven hasn't happened to them.