confused!

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
On the boards all of you pros refer to some bodyparts like the epasteric furrow, prosoma, ect. ect. I dont know what you guys are talking about! Can you fill me in on some Vocab words or websites so I can understand! Thanks!

James

Joanie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I don't know any websites off the top of my head, but if you can buy "the Tarantula Keeper's Guide" by Schultz and Schultz, it's got some nice diagrams of spider anatomy with all the parts labeled.

Also just a good all-around tarantula book, I refer to mine all the time!

bwhatch2

Arachnopeon
those where both great sights, but you have to check this one out

http://kaston.transy.edu/anatomy/anatomy.htm

it is somewhat "interactive" and shows you two different pics of each anatomy part, one is a cartoon type drawing, the other more life like or with an actually blown up picture. let me know what you think of it

bryan

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
Originally posted by bwjunk2
those where both great sights, but you have to check this one out

http://kaston.transy.edu/anatomy/anatomy.htm

it is somewhat "interactive" and shows you two different pics of each anatomy part, one is a cartoon type drawing, the other more life like or with an actually blown up picture. let me know what you think of it

bryan
AWSOME~~~~!! Thanks! I better start taking notes!=D

James

bwhatch2

Arachnopeon
Originally posted by Tarantula Lover
AWSOME~~~~!! Thanks! I better start taking notes!=D

James

great, i thought you might like it, i spent a lot of time there when i first found it. when your ready for a more detailed explantion of anatomy/phsyology go the the ATS websight and buy the book by dr. breene called "the ats arthropod medical manual" its well woth the 5 bucks. and of course as someody else allready said stan schultz's book is one you should have to.

bryan