Concerned after arrival without heat pack

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
What is this seller, some 12 year old kid or something? You order a heat pack with the order because it's WINTER. Who with any level of common sense doesn't activate the heat pack? For them to throw the blame on you for not telling them to activate it is absurd. Anybody can make a mistake, but to throw it back on you for something so basic on the common sense scale shows a complete lack of professionalism and integrity, that they should not be in business. He could have the greatest product in the world, but if it were me, I would have no hesitation in spreading this story with the sellers name attached to anyone who would listen.
I might press you for the info if I lived in the UK, but it has no direct effect on me, except to irritate me.
They only care about money. Nothing else. Thats why I openly name and shame them. Too many people buy Ts from these idiots.

Quixtar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That's a whole new level of stupid and irresponsible to blame you for not telling them how heat packs work. SMH

Grenn

Arachnopeon
Yes, very much in agreement that the customer service has been poor. I haven't had any further response after saying I wasn't really happy, which is very telling - they don't seem particularly interested in salvaging their reputation! As most have inferred, it was indeed Tarantulas Bristol I ordered from.

I can't comment on anything other than my own experience but based on that I would advise others to avoid... and I am slightly annoyed with myself for supporting them now.

Back to my little T! She is doing well, I haven't seen her out of the hide but there is fine web everywhere so she is exploring. She has also made some renovations, as there is a big pile of substrate outside the cork bark entrance where she's dug further tunnel.

The slightly sad thing is, she's a gift for my father in law, so I'll have to say goodbye in a couple of weeks. I'm just fostering!

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Yes, very much in agreement that the customer service has been poor. I haven't had any further response after saying I wasn't really happy, which is very telling - they don't seem particularly interested in salvaging their reputation! As most have inferred, it was indeed Tarantulas Bristol I ordered from.

I can't comment on anything other than my own experience but based on that I would advise others to avoid... and I am slightly annoyed with myself for supporting them now.

Back to my little T! She is doing well, I haven't seen her out of the hide but there is fine web everywhere so she is exploring. She has also made some renovations, as there is a big pile of substrate outside the cork bark entrance where she's dug further tunnel.

The slightly sad thing is, she's a gift for my father in law, so I'll have to say goodbye in a couple of weeks. I'm just fostering!
That can easily be solved...just get one for yourself as well! But not from TB this time ;)

Grenn

Arachnopeon
Hello all - I thought I'd post an update with some added pics:

As you can see, the 'Do Not Disturb' sign has gone up and she's barricaded herself in her hideyhole! I can still spy on her though; she's a beautiful little thing.

I tried to feed her but she was absolutely not interested in eating & shied away from the cricket. I had to knock away some of her blockade in order to retrieve the cricket. That evening she rebuilt it as you can see here.

She's been in there 5 days now. At first I thought she was possibly in premoult but doesn't seem that way physically (looking at her abdomen)? I know Ts sometimes just decide to close up for a while, so I'll just leave her to it. Is there a point where I should be concerned with a T of this size (3cm body)? I'm just assuming she knows what she's doing.

As mentioned, she is a gift for my father in law. Perhaps she will bother to grace us with her presence in time for Chrimblemass!

I am super enthusiastic about replacing her when she goes though; a small collection of 3, I'm thinking. I'll likely leave it to the new year when the weather gets a bit milder, hopefully, and just enjoy researching in the meantime. I'm enjoying lurking on the boards and reading about other folks' collections.

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
Hello all - I thought I'd post an update with some added pics:

As you can see, the 'Do Not Disturb' sign has gone up and she's barricaded herself in her hideyhole! I can still spy on her though; she's a beautiful little thing.

I tried to feed her but she was absolutely not interested in eating & shied away from the cricket. I had to knock away some of her blockade in order to retrieve the cricket. That evening she rebuilt it as you can see here.

She's been in there 5 days now. At first I thought she was possibly in premoult but doesn't seem that way physically (looking at her abdomen)? I know Ts sometimes just decide to close up for a while, so I'll just leave her to it. Is there a point where I should be concerned with a T of this size (3cm body)? I'm just assuming she knows what she's doing.

As mentioned, she is a gift for my father in law. Perhaps she will bother to grace us with her presence in time for Chrimblemass!

I am super enthusiastic about replacing her when she goes though; a small collection of 3, I'm thinking. I'll likely leave it to the new year when the weather gets a bit milder, hopefully, and just enjoy researching in the meantime. I'm enjoying lurking on the boards and reading about other folks' collections.
How cute! Looks like she's fine.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
5 days in hiding is not unusual at this size at all, so no worries about that. Keep the waterdish full and respect the 'so not disturb'-sign, she'll be fine. Premolt at this size can last three months with the spider being non the worse for it.

And a collection of three for yourself? Ha! There is no such thing, getting just one or three:p.
Keeping T's is a hobby but also an addiction :D

Grenn

Arachnopeon
Perfect info, thank you. I suspect the f.i.l. will get more fun from the small tank full of active crickets...! :rolleyes:

And a collection of three for yourself? Ha! There is no such thing, getting just one or three:p.
Keeping T's is a hobby but also an addiction :D
Well, funnily enough, I had a single G. Rosea for about 20 years...! I didn't have any exposure to the wider T keeping hobby at the time, so was never tempted to expand into a collection. My interest in Ts dwindled as 'The Pet Brick' steadily outlived all my other childhood pets, haha. So jumping back into it with 3 will be quite a leap for me. :)

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Perfect info, thank you. I suspect the f.i.l. will get more fun from the small tank full of active crickets...! :rolleyes:

Well, funnily enough, I had a single G. Rosea for about 20 years...! I didn't have any exposure to the wider T keeping hobby at the time, so was never tempted to expand into a collection. My interest in Ts dwindled as 'The Pet Brick' steadily outlived all my other childhood pets, haha. So jumping back into it with 3 will be quite a leap for me. :)
I have no idea what a f.i.l. is...probably a language thingy...

As for the addiction, well, there weren't so many cool species to keep 20 years ago :D

Grenn

Arachnopeon
Haha! Rather a morbid thought but yes that's entirely possible... I guess I'll get her back!