communal pinktoes

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i know some of you do this with success. i will be acquiring 2 sexed adult a. avics soon and i'm a little nervous about them being together, esp after travelling. what is the best setup for them and should they be put together immediately after arriving here? any tips? i only have one juvy a. avic right now and it's a little quirky with eating an molting... i know humidity and height are key. what else do yall suggest? have any good pics of your communal pinktoes that i could get inspired by?

kellygirl

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
Originally posted by kellygirl
i know some of you do this with success. i will be acquiring 2 sexed adult a. avics soon and i'm a little nervous about them being together, esp after travelling. what is the best setup for them and should they be put together immediately after arriving here? any tips? i only have one juvy a. avic right now and it's a little quirky with eating an molting... i know humidity and height are key. what else do yall suggest? have any good pics of your communal pinktoes that i could get inspired by?

kellygirl
Hey Kelly, i also have a juvie avic who is just like yours! i am getting 2 more as well, 1st off, i would not put them together at 1st, let them settle in have a cricket or 2, than after 2 days put them together, make sure that you have a big enough cage, and you want to feed them so they wont eat eachother, and are you putting all 3 together? Putin some vines, cork bark, leafy or tree decorations and you will be all set! Good Luck!

James

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Mine are doing fine together and have been doing so for nearly two months. One of them molted last night. I suggest separating them when one goes into premoult. I did and I reintroduced it today and they are still fine. THey are kept in a 5 gallon tank together with lots of branches and ground and walls to walk on and always have crickets available. Sometimes they will sit side by side with legs intertwined for hours with no bother.

Rookie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sometimes they will sit side by side with legs intertwined for hours with no bother.
That sounds pretty cool. You should try to grab a picture of that next time.
Paul

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I would do that if I had a digital camera. Unfortunately I am limited to my webcam. Although it is a high end webcam that takes good quality photos, I cant stretch it to the place where my avics live together due to the limitations of the chords length and the location of my USB port.

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I have the same problem. However, I just take whatever I am taking a picture of to my camera. Even my 10 gal. genic setup.

Big DRagonfly