Communal Formosa Set up? Can it be introduced to Formosa separately bought?

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
I prefer going to the bank, withdrawing some money and lighting it on fire. It works until it doesn't and when it doesn't, A) you are responsible for a needless death. B) You have just lost an investment

TheraMygalo

Accipitridae
Arachnosupporter +
I think its been said, enough. Which is why i still want to say what i would have said if i would have been the first to reply: don’t.

they are not communal.

if many of these live in the same tree, they are not sharing a hide. Unless there is significant evidence, that is repeated in litterature, and of different places. Not just “one” reported tree.

a tree is big and they can adapt to tolerate each other. But in captivity, it will never go that way.

maybe a zoo with a mature tree setup could pull it off. But these arent bats. They can still eat each other in the wild if one gets to close.

communal in tarantula captivity is very limited. This species does not fit the bill.

A guy

Arachnobaron
These Poecilotheria communals are mostly the influence of YouTube and TikTok. I've been saying it, we need another crusade.

TheraMygalo

Accipitridae
Arachnosupporter +
These Poecilotheria communals are mostly the influence of YouTube and TikTok. I've been saying it, we need another crusade.
People who come here after watching such videos, should say who they watched it from.

this would help other unknowing people to know what sources are not to be trusted.

TheraMygalo

Accipitridae
Arachnosupporter +
And who's door to knock 😉
In 2024, people have many attention disorders. Youtube stimulates endorphines and dopamine. Not a forum. Unless you look at points; but its a slow process.

If people came here first, these questions wouldnt happen.

but youtube provides a satsifying platform. It works for everything. I mean, people watching other people playing videogames…

if you see someone doing it, then it must be right? 🙄

they teach kids to use electronics. Because they need to learn? They will learn it on their own, at home with parents and just as quick.

ouf, i got carried away there but yeah. Impressionable minds dont need much.

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
In 2024, people have many attention disorders. Youtube stimulates endorphines and dopamine. Not a forum. Unless you look at points; but its a slow process.
If people came here first, these questions wouldnt happen.
but youtube provides a satsifying platform. It works for everything. I mean, people watching other people playing videogames…
if you see someone doing it, then it must be right? 🙄
it's the new economy, laziness. So in come professional middlemen, many with no idea of what they are doing, but serving it in an easy to digest and, as you say, stimulating way.
Don't wanna get food? We'll bring it to you
Want Wedding Invites? We'll get them for you
Don't want to do Laundry? We'll get someone to wash them for you.

The saddest part is they make their $ squeezing the hell out of the people who actually make stuff

TheraMygalo

Accipitridae
Arachnosupporter +
it's the new economy, laziness. So in come professional middlemen, many with no idea of what they are doing, but serving it in an easy to digest and, as you say, stimulating way.
Don't wanna get food? We'll bring it to you
Want Wedding Invites? We'll get them for you
Don't want to do Laundry? We'll get someone to wash them for you.

The saddest part is they make their $ squeezing the hell out of the people who actually make stuff
I couldnt agree more. It disgusts me on so many levels.

many of these things, shown in stimulating videos, seem so easy and accessible. But often, they are not. Experience is not gained through watching 30 minutes of video. That can not be emulated.

in all fields really.

people don’t get how i can identify birds meters away just by silhouette, flight pattern or sound. Watching a video explaining it won’t equal 1000 hours in the field. And not all bird song is always the same.

this needs to be considered. At all times.