Collection growth

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I was looking back at the pictures I've taken since we got those two little rosies of ours and got the giggles.
Just One spot in my computer/ T room... That Was the dining room of this house...

This first picture is the shelf over the big enclosier I have waiting for two massive aboreals. Now that I realize after so much learning they are far from suitable for terestrials.

But this is what that looked like.

One tub containing one little A. versicolor. and a bunch of angle nicknacks my kids got me over the years. ( I love wings, any size or shape or configuration. ) a few candles and a plant.

Attachments

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
This is that same shelf...
And that's a section of the room, it doesn't show the Other tanks and kritter keepers I have all over the darned place now. :D

Attachments

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
And one more.

Adicting hobby.
Very adicting.
I'm putting up real shelves along this wall for tanks and tubs and bottles and jars of T's....

Attachments

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Oh.
:D

Those four black T's in the tubs you see clinking to the glass are four of our new A. avics.
:)
:D
:)

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I just received my little Tarantula babies from Swift's today after much hassles with the delivery truck sending them to the wrong apartment. (I've had a very frustrating day today. :mad: :( Hopefully tomorrow will be better.) Even at 1/4 an inch the Brazlian Red and White is a little beast. It took down one of the pinhead crickets I gave it already. As a bonus I was given a free Giant White Knee baby. I really was not expecting that. at this point in time I just can't wait to see them get bigger I'm anxious to see what they look like in real life with their markings as opposed to a still picture.

genious_gr

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I love those BIG - ROUND - PLASTIC containers... where do they sell those? (Maybe they sell 'em in a same place here in Greece...)
OH, nice collection.

OK ok!!! GREAT collection!!

rknralf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I love your housing! I've got a couple of the large plastic jars and plan on using them for my Avics.
I have a question though, are the plants real inside? I'd love to have plants in my enclosures, but have been afraid I would put something in that would be towix to the tarantulas. If they are real, what kind are they?
Thanks very much!
Ralph

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congrates Godzilla. :) I can't wait to save up enough to order a few the twins want.

--

genious. Have you ever gone to the grocery store or market and seen those big tubs of cheeseballs and party mix chips and assorted pretzles and such?
Those are what those are.
I have four kids and I buy those things Alot.
It's cheaper then buying bags.
Let the kids munch.
Scrub up the containers.
Add airholes with sodering gun or hot fork and set it up for the T.
They make Great housing I think.
The tubs of snacks run about 4 dollars here.
But the kids get to snack and we get spider houses to boot. =D

--

rknralf.
A few are " spider plants" and a few are " snake plants".
Honestly don't know the scientific names. Those are offshots I snipped off bigger plants that I've had for years.
I do have philodendron ( spelling?) in one and bambo in another.
But those were cleans Very Very carefuly.

How I do it.
I fill the sink with dish water as hot as I can take it.
Add dishsoap.
Knock as much of the dirt from the original pot as possable off the plants roots and literly wash it in the hot soapy water for a few minuts.
then rinse it with clean clear hot water for about ten minuts.
then rewash and rerinse.
Then put it in clean water and let it soak for a few days.
then rinse it again.
I don't know if toxins can travel through plants and sweat out. But I don't like to take chances. (Paranoid I know)
Then it can be added to the enclosier.

Sometimes it kills the plant (shrugs) I'd rather lose a one dollar plant then a greatly more pricy T.
But most times they live. I've only lost two out of about ten.

But I clean the plants completly,,, roots and leaves.
I do not use the soil the plants came in.
Or the pot unless I scrub it then boil it.

I imagine a pesticide death would be a horrable experience.
Better to be safe then sorry.

So I guess I go overboard.