collecting results

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
a new record tonight. went out collecting in El Dorado KS and came back with 42 C. vitattus, a personal best for that region. Pics later, maybe.

John

Scorpfanatic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hi can you ples contact me as im interested to get one of teh bacl lights? or anyone?

hamfoto

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I'm not trying to be a jerk...but what is the point of collecting that many?

Chris

Gigas

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Exactly what I though Ham, Its a bit excessive isn't it?

Gigas

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well, exactly he could have easily taken 4 or 5 and had in exess of that figure in captivity, I'm not saying vittatus are rare but not all of their young make it to adult. But come on 42?

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Wow, 42. Thats impressive. I take it they are pretty common in your area since you were able to find so many.

JSN

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
haha, the mother load!...I dont even bring enough containers with me to collect 42 scorpions...

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
they are on a patch of property where the owner does not want them, and so i am allowed to collect there. I found a great deal more than the ones i took, and the only reason that i took any at all is because there are quite a few people i know who are interested in them. Trust me, i am not depleting any populations (unfortunately for owner of the land). Most of the collection trips i go on are catch and release, this time i brought back some for others.

John

Alakdan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I guess that's mutual benefit:
-you, enjoyed collecting
-the land owner, got rid of the scorps
-and the scorpions, get a chance to live.