Cobalt Blue

Arachnopal

Arachnopeon
Well I am about to embark on a very exciting adventure. I ordered a Cobalt Blue T.
Since I live in southern arizona and humidity is an average 20% my first concern is keeping this new T in a higher humidity. I have a 10 gallon tank I will set up with peat moss and vermiculite today.
Here is my question. The top for this tank is full screen. Should I block some of it to try to help maintain humidity? Or just mist once or twice a day? :?:?

captmarga

Arachnobaron
My personal opinion - a Ten gallon is too large for an H. lividum. My two are burrowers, and are in medium Kritter Keepers. Both made burrows down under the coconut-half-hide I gave them. The one I believe is female lined her corner heavily with silk, the male did not. Both have long webbed tubes up to the top of the keeper. I see evidence the male cleans boluses out and visits his waterdish.

I think it would be a wasted space using that tank. The Cobalts aren't huge spiders, either, so you might never see anything but a big empty tank. Save that for a big terrestrial, and use a smaller cage to let the cobalt build a snug little burrow.

Marga