Cobalt Blue Price? (WC)

ColdBloodedOne

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
The pet store by my house just got a Cobalt Blue in so I picked it up. They sold it to me for $10 since they were not sure what to charge. Was this a good buy? It is not on their stock list it came in by accident. I have 15 other T's and thought it would be a good deal. Any pet peeves to look out for I know they are mean and fast.

evilarachnid

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I think it was a great buy, I got my Cobalt Blue for $40 and it was also wild caught. Very cool find congrats.

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
From the prices on them that I've seen that was a very good buy!!

RD1101

Arachnopeon
Mina said:
From the prices on them that I've seen that was a very good buy!!
Most pet stores will sell a 3in for about fifty dollars. Blues are generally agressive and love to burrow. Given the opprotunity they will dig an extensive burrow. Probably will not see them very often.

Trouble

Arachnopeon
Hi!

Sounds like a great buy! Just make sure it is in the right environment! They are so pretty. Good luck!

MindUtopia

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yep, that's a good deal. Usually they seem to go for around $30-40 from the major dealers.

taorchard1987

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
what sex is it, because if it is not female eventually it will change from blue 2 grey. if it is female it will stay the beatuiful blue colour upon maturity

Steffen

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
taorchard1987 said:
what sex is it, because if it is not female eventually it will change from blue 2 grey. if it is female it will stay the beatuiful blue colour upon maturity
Well that is just odd... mine doesn't look very grey does it?

The Juice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
That was a good deal, I bought one of mine @ 3" for $30 at one of the local petstores. I think yours is in need of a molt or might be a male, It doesn't lookk very blue.

MindUtopia

Arachnoking
Old Timer
They turn grey when they mature if male. Yours looks like it might be due for a molt because the color is somewhat faded, or at least looks so in the pic, but that's no guarantee of sex. Usually they are more blue than that. It could be female or could be an immature male. Wait til you get a molt to see what happens with the color after that and then sex the molt to be sure.

G_Wright

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'd hardly say they go gray

More like a brownish colour even had some mature males with a hit of purple on them. there cracpaces go a very brozed colour.

Steffen

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I sure don't hope your talking about my picture? I was being a bit sarcastic and ironic. It is very much a mature male and I posted the picture, to show that males doesn't have to be grey at all. He mated my female and got eaten several months ago. In fact i got an eggsack 2 weeks ago. :cool: