Cobalt Blue Is Now Black???

Blackwidow69

Arachnopeon
:? :? Wow this is wierd my cobalt blue finally molted after a whole year and she is no longer a dark blue but black with a real super dark bluish sheen to her..Anyone else got one thats so dark in color?????? :? :? :cool:

Blackwidow69

Arachnopeon
Nope...

:? wow thers no way to do that as i dont have a web cam or a digatal camera... gota get one soon maybe with the next paycheck i get,, sorry.....:8o :8o

Theraphosid Research Team

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Originally posted by Blackwidow69
:? :? Wow this is wierd my cobalt blue finally molted after a whole year and she is no longer a dark blue but black with a real super dark bluish sheen to her..Anyone else got one thats so dark in color?????? :? :? :cool:
Hesy,

could it be that you now have a male of this Species?Because, males of Haplopelma lividum (=cobalt blue) are very dark in coloration and they nearly lose the complete originally blue shine!

Cheers, Volker

Blackwidow69

Arachnopeon
Nope!!!!!

Nope not a male and for some reason shes just almost a real dark black color wierd....but her attitude never faded thats for sure.... :? ;P

savian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My male turned brown. Don't worrie about not be able to post a pic. Your female might get lighter as time goes on. I have seen pics were they are really dark in color.