Clutzy males?

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Does anyone notice that once a male hits his maturing molt he gets alot clumbsier?
I have two, the B. emilia and the A. huriana and both of them are distinct Clutzes.
The emilia does ok, but the huriana can't cling to the glass like his female counterpart can.
I noticed this lack of full grace in a week out of moult B.vagans and a month or so out of moult rosie.
Is it because they're so leggy?
Or maybe something to do with those nobby new palps?

I can get my hands on a male B. vagans by the way if anyone is interested in a 50/50 breeding loan.

Wouldn't want to send him off to someone I don't "know".

But anyway.
Was my observation and was wondering if anyone else noticed it.

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah my C paganus male is an incredibly clutzy spider. Even when he courts his mate he stumbles around looking drunk. My male H maculata is very graceful still though.

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I wonder if such will decrease their effectivness during mating...

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My male A. Avic isn't that bad, but he is a bit clutzy compared to the female. Being a clutz hasn't affected him at all in the mating department...he does that quite well, hehe. I won't know how well until she(hopefully) produces an egg sac. I'm crossing my fingers.

Arachnopuppy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
My question is why is nature so cruel to male arachnids? Just imagine this, "hey baby wanna make out and eat me? I'm mature and tasty."

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My question is why is nature so cruel to male arachnids?
I don't know, but I wish males lasted longer. My male avic is the most even tempered spider I've messed with. I can carry him around any old way and he doesn't mind a bit. I don't want him to die at a year or two old, but I guess that's nature.

Arachnopuppy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by Devildoll
I've used that line before.
I knew someone was going to say that after I pressed submit reply. I was too lazy to edit it.