cleaning the spider room

pok2010

Arachnopeon
So every week i clean it thoroughly, But i am fed up with wondering a few things....

Im a very VERY clean and hygenic person in general, i hate not having a clean house, and when i say clean house, i mean OTT clean, not a spec of dust anywere (For a guy i think thats pritty good ;P)

But my spider room, is it clean enough, i think not...

i scrub it once a week with soap and water, but to me its not good enough... Is there anything that i could use, other than soap and water, that is safe for my spider room (E.g. Bleach) ?? that way aswell, i wont feel the need to scrub it down every week. soap and water just doesnt cut in my books,

Is there anything else i can use ??

Gerbil1987

Arachnopeon
No such a good idea

Despite you being a clean dude, it is best not to keep cleaning yours T's enclosure so regularly. Every time you remove him and clean his environment he has to re-settle himself which causes great amounts of stress and confusion.
I would go with cleaning no more than once every 6 months. As for cleaning chemicals, go down to your local pet store and they should have some products for cleaning enclosures.

Hope this helps you;)

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So every week i clean it thoroughly, But i am fed up with wondering a few things....

Im a very VERY clean and hygenic person in general, i hate not having a clean house, and when i say clean house, i mean OTT clean, not a spec of dust anywere (For a guy i think thats pritty good ;P)

But my spider room, is it clean enough, i think not...

i scrub it once a week with soap and water, but to me its not good enough... Is there anything that i could use, other than soap and water, that is safe for my spider room (E.g. Bleach) ?? that way aswell, i wont feel the need to scrub it down every week. soap and water just doesnt cut in my books,

Is there anything else i can use ??
From what I understand, you don't want to have anything with strong fumes. Soap and water is really your safest bet IMO.

I don't think you were talking about enclosures, but is so, the above is good advice.

pok2010

Arachnopeon
Despite you being a clean dude, it is best not to keep cleaning yours T's enclosure so regularly. Every time you remove him and clean his environment he has to re-settle himself which causes great amounts of stress and confusion.
I would go with cleaning no more than once every 6 months. As for cleaning chemicals, go down to your local pet store and they should have some products for cleaning enclosures.

Hope this helps you;)
lol na not the enclosures XD sorry i should have stated that ;P

i mean more the shelf's, general dusting the sides and so on :p the enclosures, if there lucky get done twice a year :p with general cage maintanence throughout :p

thanks for the reply, ill sure do this, thankyou all for the replys ;P

Jeff

Arachnopeon
That is very good. . .
I think you just remove the spider and then clean his room with vinegar. In my thought vinegar is the best solution to clean the room of spider . . :)