Classroom pet

mattman

Arachnosquire
I would think you would want a calm good eater and nice colors I would say green bottle blue turantula I would think since its care sheet isn't too hard to go with

Brizzl

Arachnosquire
The problem with GBB is that we want to get something that is already big, like 2 inches and isn't very expensive. If this deal I'm working on right now doesn't happen, chances are we will end up with an LP sling (fast growth) or juvie rosea or A. avic. GBB is too much, I would much rather have that for my own collection xD

Arachtion

Arachnobaron
Whatever you do, make sure people CANNOT get into the tank, I've a feeling school kids may think its cool to poke mr spider, personally of I were your Mum id plump for a big, showy, voracious spider, Pamphobeteus sp. are amazing, all of them

sr20det510

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I know it is not a T, but Vinegaroons make perfect classroom pets!!
I set my girlfriend up with a small 3 gallon display enclosure and the students loved it!!
She was introducing the students to non-fiction so she began by creating a PowerPoint, and then read to them about the vinegaroon. Next she brought the display out and the kids were blown away.

They cared for the vinegaroon for the rest of the school year and even wrote reports on the species. They then wrote reports on other inverts and reptiles.
I even got a thank you booklet with a picture, an interesting fact, and a thank you message from each kid in the classroom.

Good luck, and this is just another option as you do your research : )