Clarence wants to know what he is?

ORION_DV8

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey there people, this goes out to all the herpers i need a bit of help in defining the species of my lizard Clarence, he was adopted from a guy who breeds beardies and im sure that he is an agamid i however want to know what he is down to species. Any help would be greatly appreciated. He is approximately 15cm long anfd has a peacock blue patch under his chin which dissapears by night.

ORION

Attachments

pamandron

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
We had a couple of them and I believe they are the Toad Head Agamas, otherwise known as the poor man's bearded dragon. At least that is what they were sold to us as. I hope this helps, Pam

ORION_DV8

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks Pam I'll check it out you wouldnt hapin to have a latin name for it would you? Thanks Again
ORION

ORION_DV8

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Took a look at the Toad Headed Agama Phrynocephalus sp. and it doesnt look really that much like clarence though im not sure as pictures of agama lizards are hard to come by, what i wouldnt do for an identification key. Oh well.
ORION

pamandron

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Where did you find those pics at? I also know that ours got the blue under his neck like you described. So I assumed it was the same thing. Maybe ours was listed wrong. :) Pam