Choosing a Spider help needed

Idun

Arachnopeon
So I want a Tarantula, but I'm honestly not sure if it's possible space wise. I've been reading care info and such, but I'm still quite confused. I don't have much area, very little in fact. Is it still possible to have a pet Tarantula in a small area? If so, what kind of spiders are possible to keep if there's only a little room? Thanks.

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Next time, perhaps try the search function.

Tarantulas, for the most part, require little space to begin with.

If you choose a species that doesn't grow past 6", you'd likely do fine with a large/extra large Kritter Keeper or a 5 or 10 gallon tank. None of these things take up much space.

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Next time, perhaps try the search function.

Tarantulas, for the most part, require little space to begin with.

If you choose a species that doesn't grow past 6", you'd likely do fine with a large/extra large Kritter Keeper or a 5 or 10 gallon tank. None of these things take up much space.
+1, they take a very small amount of space. It's not like they will be roaming around your house.

shanebp

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You can get dwarf species if your REALLY low on space. Check out the Cyriocosmus sp.

LisaD

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
How much space do you have in mind? If you give us a ball park, as well as what you are looking for in a T, we can make suggestions.