Choeradodis sp.

ElytraXD

Arachnopeon
I will be hopefully getting this species very soon. Do you have any tips for the care :D?

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
I will be hopefully getting this species very soon. Do you have any tips for the care :D?
It seems the most success has come from live planted vivariums that can keep good humidity, along with feeding mostly red runner roaches or moths. No flies, and no mealworms. Open flat spaces like leaves are generally very important for them to rest on.

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
Thanks you. Do you think dubia roaches will be okay?
If you can get them to take them they might be alright. Choera are EXTREMELY finicky eaters, it’s a struggle to get them to take prey without spooking them. The movement has to be just right to get them to take live.

ElytraXD

Arachnopeon
I heard that there is trouble getting the oothecae of this genus to hatch. Has anyone resolved this issue so far or not? Also, what conditions do you find best to keep them in? Thanks.

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
I heard that there is trouble getting the oothecae of this genus to hatch. Has anyone resolved this issue so far or not? Also, what conditions do you find best to keep them in? Thanks.
Unfortunately I’m not familiar with how to hatch ootheca of this species, I’ve never made it that far. All I’ve heard is they require exceptionally high humidity constantly.

paumotu

Arachnobaron
Maybe certain arboreal roaches would make good feeders for them.

mantisfan101

Arachnoprince
As seen above, unless you have had substantial experience with many other intermediate mantids and vivariums, I would not suggest keeping them and go for other leaf minicking species like rhombodera valida or stallii. The only success that I have heard from was from people who kept them in setups with tropical broad-leafed plants and fed them almost entirely, if not completely, off of live moths and butterflies. They are also extremely prone to random die-offs and are still relatively new to the hobby. If I were you, I’d leave this one to the professionals and focus on some other easier species.

mantisfan101

Arachnoprince
That’s definitely good, experience with sp that need higher humidity and empusids would probably help, just wanted to say that compared to most others these are in a completely different ballpark.

attenboroughii

Arachnosquire
Hi all.
I started breeding Choeradodis rhomboidea this spring and have successfully raised them from first instar to adult.
Would it be okay if I post it here? Or should I create a new thread?

paumotu

Arachnobaron
Hi all.
I started breeding Choeradodis rhomboidea this spring and have successfully raised them from first instar to adult.
Would it be okay if I post it here? Or should I create a new thread?
create a new thread in the other inverts forum! i'd love to follow your progress. I have my own adult pair.