Chlorhexidine

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Joined
Sep 12, 2005
Messages
6,234
dilute it and clean supplies and enclosures with it. It's more for my reptiles, but I use some of the same dishes for reptiles and inverts and don't want to have to worry about mixing them up. We use it at my veterinary internship all the time for small animals like felines and canines. It's commonly used as a disinfectant, antiseptic, and detergent.
 

Ictinike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Joined
Aug 30, 2009
Messages
460
Not sure but the Johnson and Johnson MSDS has this

MSDS said:
Toxicity invertebrate: cell mult. inhib. 78-4000mg/L
http://php.med.unsw.edu.au/somswiki...ine_Surgical_Handwash_-_JOHNSON_&_JOHNSON.pdf

As well one from I believe the U.S EPA stating:

EPA Report said:
Chlorhexidine diacetate is slightly toxic to practically nontoxic to avian species on an
acute and subacute oral dietary basis, moderately to highly toxic to fish, and very highly toxic
to aquatic invertebrates.
While they list "aquatic invertebrates" I'm not so sure on terrestrial invertebrates.

http://www.epa.gov/oppsrrd1/REDs/3038red.pdf

While I've read other threads here and off the web for reptiles for the 2 types of main ingredients none have been for the use of anything but reptiles and disinfecting enclosures for them.

Not sure if I would use it only because I can't seem to find anything that states good or bad. Just information, no opinion.
 
Top