Chinese swimming scorpion care

Phoenix74

Arachnopeon
I have just purchased a Chinese swimming scorpion and it will be arriving next week. I was wondering if anyone could help me with directions in how to set up his new home? :? I appreciate any help and advice that my fellow critter lovers can impart on me.{D

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
A big tub filled with water ! {D

In all seriousness though, cocofiber substrate,somewhat damp, water dish, some bark for hides...typical tropical setup...

Edit- Common names are useless but you are probably talking about that lychas species that botar has labeled as the chinese swimming scorpion.

brush up on your scientific names..its not hard at all.. :)

Chinese swimming scorpion (Lychas mucronatus) the name in parenthesis is the scientific or latin name.

tedangelochua

Arachnopeon
should the substrate be damp? correct me if i'm wrong, but i think i've read somewhere that Lychas sp. like their substrates dry? thanks :D i'll be getting this lovely species as well next week :)

musihuto

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
hum. so do lycas mucronatus actually swim? (or even enter water out of their own free will?) :? - munis

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hum. so do lycas mucronatus actually swim? (or even enter water out of their own free will?) :? - munis
Good question... I don't give them deep enough of a water dish to find out, never know when one might of had a bad day at work and doesn't want to get up and do it again. :)

I always use a bottle cap or sea shell and if its too deep I add pebbles or sand.