chinese striped leg molting

Vincent

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I knew this one was about ready to molt because her color changed over the last few days from black to grey. Here are the pics :) the whole process took 76 minutes

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
beautilful pede! :clap: i have a sudadult in my collection,mines a complete psyco:eek: would'nt luv em any other way.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Always interesting to see that! Thanks for the pics! I feel like I got a new pede when that happens.

Urizen

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Very interesting. I've read alot about people having problems with scorpion molts, how easy do centipedes molt? Low or High mortality?

Vincent

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
so far I have never had a pede die because of molting problems

Yuki

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
very cool pics ;) you have your self a pretty one.

bistrobob85

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Did you put it in that setup for the pics?!?! I notice that there doesnt seem to be any signs of digging... How did you know it was that close to molting?!?! I'd really like to see my tiger legs shed too :).

phil.

Vincent

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Did you put it in that setup for the pics?!?! I notice that there doesnt seem to be any signs of digging... How did you know it was that close to molting?!?! I'd really like to see my tiger legs shed too :).

phil.

No I changed the substrate some days ago and because she needed to molt she didn't dig yet. When a centipede is about to molt I always see a radical color change. Like this with my mau chau last year

Normal color

premolt

I was too late that time :)

syiware

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
cool! chinese stripped legged...molting..:clap:
how big is it? as an adult pede
-locke

syiware

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I knew this one was about ready to molt because her color changed over the last few days from black to grey. Here are the pics :) the whole process took 76 minutes
i read an article from somewhere of the arachnoboards about somebody sells a chinese one as S. galapagoensis or S. viridicornis for fake. is this species really that one? its striped legs are very similar to the legs of them.
-locke