Chinese Cave Geckos

green_bottle_04

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
just aquired one the other day ( i will post pictures of him/her later) it is the coolest gecko (in my humble opinion) that ive ever owned!!! beautiful lizard. does anyone else have experience in keeping these guys, as there is almost ZERO literature on them. i know the basic husbandry aspects. i.e. what to feed it, temps., humidity, multiple hides, etc. has anyone had any problems with them? general info? etc. etc.

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
just aquired one the other day ( i will post pictures of him/her later) it is the coolest gecko (in my humble opinion) that ive ever owned!!! beautiful lizard. does anyone else have experience in keeping these guys, as there is almost ZERO literature on them. i know the basic husbandry aspects. i.e. what to feed it, temps., humidity, multiple hides, etc. has anyone had any problems with them? general info? etc. etc.
They like it cool and moist. I keep mine in 10 gallon tanks with peat moss as a substrate. They really do not like any temps above 75. Its probably in the high sixties right now in their little enclosures. I actually have Chinese Leopard Geckos, which are very closley related. I am housing them individually now, the male was very aggressive towards the female, but will be placing them togethin in the coming weeks ot attempt to breed them. Thye don't eat a lot, about 8 crickets each a week with vitamin and calcium supplement. They are moody and DO NOT like to be handled and will bite or jump almost instantly. If you can get a pair, attempt breeding, the wild populations of them has been decimated by the pet trade. And if thats not motivation I have seen CB babies for 100 bux each.

green_bottle_04

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
They like it cool and moist. I keep mine in 10 gallon tanks with peat moss as a substrate. They really do not like any temps above 75. Its probably in the high sixties right now in their little enclosures. I actually have Chinese Leopard Geckos, which are very closley related. I am housing them individually now, the male was very aggressive towards the female, but will be placing them togethin in the coming weeks ot attempt to breed them. Thye don't eat a lot, about 8 crickets each a week with vitamin and calcium supplement. They are moody and DO NOT like to be handled and will bite or jump almost instantly. If you can get a pair, attempt breeding, the wild populations of them has been decimated by the pet trade. And if thats not motivation I have seen CB babies for 100 bux each.
awsome! thanks! good luck on your breeding! yeah im planing on breeding them. i ALMOST bought a pair. the other one that was available had MBD and i didnt want to chance it. i dont handle any of my herps. or T's unless absolutely necessary. ive handled the cave gecko twice..he hasnt bit or ran away...but then again he also was probly stressed to the max since i had just ogtten him home and was putting him in his new terrarium. im sure when he settles in he will be a little more fiesty. they have the coolest eyes in the world though dont they?!:D