Chilobrachys guangxiensis

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Does anyone know if WC of this species are known to drop fertile eggs? I just bought a big 6"+ female and she looks very gravid. I just wanted to probe for info incase I was going to become a dad again without any notice......
And man oh man the webs she weaves and the attitude!!!!!

Snipes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I am not sure, i have not heard of this species before. But definitely keep us up to date, you may get "lucky" (word depends on who you are ;)).

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It was sold to me as an Asian Fawn....... But that was the scientific name on the lable. She is beyond fat.... and very well cared for. Which is good cause the guy I see every now and then is not known for taking care of his T's. He had three singapore blue adults and two were dead cause he had them in bone dry setups with no access to water.

I go there cause he imports stuff all the time..... matter of fact I have Pokie Metalica sub adults coming soon that are 4-5" being sold to me for 60.

Varden

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Wow, hook me up with your friend! :)

If she is WC, then chances are very good that the sac will be viable. I'll keep my fingers crossed

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I have 5 more if you want one, they are very beautiful and aggressive. I am unfamilar with these guys but so far they are impressive.......... The webbing and the attitude makes it very worth it.

Selenops

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
"Hot" scorpion and centipede collectors that haven't had much interest in Ts should give an Asian species a try. Unrelated I know but along the same train of thought, this "Black Velvet" species I recently acquired has greatly increased my interest in all tarantulas. Hard not to fall in love with these spiders.

*Gush over*

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Oh I know what you mean.... I have not been into the more aggressive species as of yet..... but now that I have this one I am kinda into it. Sure she is mean and has a medically potient bite, but they are interesting and web allot and wow...... I think I am hooked.

Selenops

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Oh I know what you mean.... I have not been into the more aggressive species as of yet..... but now that I have this one I am kinda into it. Sure she is mean and has a medically potient bite, but they are interesting and web allot and wow...... I think I am hooked.
Fearless, aggressive, and full of personality. Strong venom, yes. My specimen is cool and calm but if disturbed which is quite infrequent will not hesitate to rear back and bare fangs or instantaneously teleport. I have had Baboons (Asian Cobalt Blues too), never got into gorgeous Pokies though, but I have never witnessed anything like this.

rex_arachne

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
they are beautiful indeed. i have one and it looks similar to Chilobrachys huahini, altho the guangxiensis is more brown. they are sometimes labelled as Plesiophrictus guangxiensis and i don't know which one is the more appropriate genus for the guangxiensis.

Alakdan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I agree. I have one and it looks very much like a C. huahini. It is not yet an adult so I'm still doubting its ID. It is slightly darker than my huahini and their behavior is different.

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
These things don't normally get so fat from food, even as adults, do they?

The teleport part though, haah, I have to agree. And over long distances they simply gallop : /

Selenops

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
These things don't normally get so fat from food, even as adults, do they?

The teleport part though, haah, I have to agree. And over long distances they simply gallop : /
From my experience these spiders are pretty lean. I don't think they fatten up like Pokies or Baboons. Correct me if I am wrong?

I think mine performed a front rolling flip, not sure it happened so fast. It was lying by the heat mat for a few hours and I became concerned, grabbed a Q-tip with my forceps and lightly touched one of the lower parts of it's rear legs and that's when it turned into a black belt Tae-kwon Do master. The T missed the Q-tip luckily.

Now the spider has finally accepted the hideaway log as it's lair, performed webbing and residing beneath it.

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
From my experience these spiders are pretty lean. I don't think they fatten up like Pokies or Baboons. Correct me if I am wrong?
I don't believe you expect me to answer that, since I voiced mostly the same question?

They like to burrow quite deep, given the chance.

Selenops

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I don't believe you expect me to answer that, since I voiced mostly the same question?

They like to burrow quite deep, given the chance.
No, addressing the board in general.

Yes, I have mine on 6" of forest bedding but has taken to the hideaway log I provide it.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Mine does not show any inclination to burrow, just a crap load of webbing.
Its deep enough so if she wanted to she could. But shes not....... and she has a hide. Hmm ahh well she seems happy.