Chilean rose *pics*

Buspirone

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I was playing with the camera today and had the lid off her tank to do some cleaning. She had just eaten and I had some parts and leftovers to get out of the cage.

That Guy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
it might just be me...... But that doesnt look like a rosie....It looks to me like an A. Seemani... Or its just me...

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
I dunno about A. seemani, but it's sure a red phase, if it's a G. rosea (I assume it is from the photos)

Bill

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
It appears to be what is currently known as a red phase G. rosea. Btw, nice pics.:)

Buspirone

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by hampton
it might just be me...... But that doesnt look like a rosie....It looks to me like an A. Seemani... Or its just me...
Yeah....we went over this when I first got the tarantula and posted pics. Its a red phase rosie. She worn on the "knees" from being shipped/transported. I can't wait for her to molt to see her fresh and new.

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Her rump is looking a little big there. She might be geering up for a molt possibly. I know my Rosehair's butt is getting huge. Plus she's been really stretching out her appendages. I usually find her sprawled out on the bottom of her cage reaching her appendages and pedipalps out as far as she can. I know this is unusual behaviorr because when I bought her she was much smaller and she was a little active thinking she was an arboreal by climbing the walls of her tank every so often.

Buspirone

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
She just finished off 3 crickets before I took those pics and had 3 the day before. I won't feed her for 10 to 14 days now(which is hard for me to do but she will have a large supply of fresh water). I've noticed her doing the stretching thing a few times...laying flat with all her legs fully extended looking like a specimen pinned to a board. I've tried to get a pic but as soon as I get the camera and touch the cage she goes back into a normal stance.

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Boy are you in for a treat here is what they look like after they molt

Last edited:

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I want a Red Phase Chilean Rosehair. :( I love my standard Tan Phase Rosehair, but I want a Red Phase too.

Buspirone

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If she looks even close to that good after a molt I will borrow a friend's good camera and get some quality pics.

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Don't worry she will, he looked just like your girl until he molted and has kept his color going on four months now.

Buspirone

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Watch the boards....ask people who have a rosie egg sack since the red phase shows up in the same sacks as the normal phase. I've seen e-spiderworld advertise them from time to time as sexed spiders. I got lucky. Mine was at a pet expo mixed with a whole stack of rosies in delicups. I paid a whopping 8 dollars. I don't know if dealers charge more for them or not unsexed.

paolo_28

Arachnopeon
Nice pic's

Yeah I think my Rose Hair T "Articuno" is going to molt soon. Couple days ago, he covered his hide with webb and soil.

I'll try to get some pic's up after the molt.

Paolo:D