chewing?

kyrga

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I just caught my g.rosea sling working his fangs in one of the airholes in his deli cup. I've heard of full grown Ts chewing through KKs and stuff, but has any one heard of a sling chewing its way out?

Thoth

Arachnopharoah
Old Timer
There are several board members who have posted pics of holes chewed through wire screen mesh and others had escapees.

I have had them muscle the cover off the container.

Becky

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Nope but my juvnenile L. klugi got her fangs stuck in mesh once and i had to hook her out. Dappy mare!
Doubt a sling would chew its way out..

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I just caught my g.rosea sling working his fangs in one of the airholes in his deli cup. I've heard of full grown Ts chewing through KKs and stuff, but has any one heard of a sling chewing its way out?
I don't think it has the power to do it, yet. I have a small Scolopendra polymorpha(centipede, in case you didn't know) that has been working at a premade hole with it's "fangs" for over 2 months now(off and on of course), and it still hasn't gotten it out.

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i had a 2 inch lasiodora chew through a thin deli cup lid within a few hours (way home from the show)... so a determined and not too tiny sling can wreak havoc on thin plastic as well...

kyrga

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'll definately keep an eye on him then, just in case. He doesn't seem to be making progress, so hopefully he grows out of this phase before he get's big enough to do any damage.