Checking your T's local weather!

infinitebohr

Arachnosquire
Just curious if anyone else does this (or if everyone does it and I'm just late to the party).

I looked up a map of where some of my T's come from, for example; Nhandu Chromatus. The bio-diversity project had a map showing where in Brazil the T can be found. So I went to weather channel and looked up the weather for the closest city to that point. It was pretty interesting; according to the weather channel the high in Palmas, Brazil will be 85 and tonight's low will be 54 :eek: That's a pretty wild variation, it's amazing they can handle that!

To be honest, I'm not sure how it's made me feel. On one hand I'm sorta depressed because I can't perfectly duplicate it's natural environment, but on the other hand would it be crazy to think my spiders are happier in a place where it is always warm, no predators, and constant food?

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I've thought about monitoring the weather in their homelands, but with so many diverse species I would run myself ragged trying to duplicate conditions for each area. I'm OCD enough without adding to it. :) Now if I were going to breed any of my Ts, I would probably look into this more closely. They do survive many variations in the wild.

Shell

ArachnoVixen AKA Dream Crusher AKA Heartbreaker
Staff member
I've thought about monitoring the weather in their homelands, but with so many diverse species I would run myself ragged trying to duplicate conditions for each area. I'm OCD enough without adding to it. :) Now if I were going to breed any of my Ts, I would probably look into this more closely. They do survive many variations in the wild.
I hadn't thought about it before reading this thread, but I would have to agree with you. I just have too many to be able to even attempt to duplicate conditions for each. I am also pretty OCD, I think I would drive myself insane. ;)