Checking out my nursery gives me warm fuzzy feeling.

blooms

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Every morning I get a warm fuzzy feeling as get up and walk by the spider room on my way to the bathroom. Here are a couple pics from my nursery. I currently have the following slings: P. miranda(3 cm) and P. metallica (4 cm but missing a leg( which you can see in the photos. P. pederseni ( 3 cm), P. fasciata (3 cm), H. maculata (2 cm), S. calceatum (3 cm), P. pulcher (1.5 cm) and two G. cala (2 cm each). I can never just walk by. I feel the need to stop, check each container and see how the little ones got through the night. Did they burrow? Web? Eat? What not. Here's a couple pics of my nursery. Do you guys have similar feelings?

Last edited:

captmarga

Arachnobaron
I do! I have to look at each of my babies. The little OBTs in their jars... who ate, who expanded their web... I love my T's!

Marga

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I love my little babies... I get a warm fuzzy feeling when they molt and get just a teeny bit bigger, and when they take down a cricket... Oh, the life of a T mommy!

{D

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
yep, the slings humidity tank is where i spend most of my time when i watch my T's. one or more are always eating, bulldozing or moulting. it keeps the fascination fresh :D

2oCHEVYo0

Arachnosquire
I feel the same way, sadly I can't wake up and see my slings. I have to hop in the car everyday and drive 25 minutes to my parents house to see them because my roommate is TERRIFIED of spiders. I waste alot of gas, but man is it worth it to see my little ones grow! My Singapore Blue just molted today as a matter of fact and is now a whopping 3" :D All my other ones (P. Irminia, P. Camb, A. Versi, and my P. Pederseni) all seem to be about ready to molt as well. Man am I excited!!! I like the setup by the way. At the rate it's going I'll have a shelf just like that full of spides of all shapes and sized ;)

christianD

Arachnopeon
feelin good

definitely agreed. my room is in my basement and its my sanctuary. its great when you can go in and catch all or most of your Ts and scorps or whatever you keep moving about doing there thing. Just sit and watch and relax.

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That's my morning routine. Waking at 5:30, I like to check on them just after I dress.

Sometimes at night after 7PM, I'd catch one of them redecorating.

Mattyb

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Very nice. Makes me want to buy a bunch of slings.