Check this vid out. Mices vs Scorp

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
no.. i was referring the the fact that most of the videos shown with mice and inverts is usually one where someone has put a mouse into the enclosure for fun... and it tends to tick alot of people off on the forums.

I'll openly admit when i saw the link i passed on watching it mainly because that's what they usually are. now i see this is footage from a documentary and not something Fratboy bob and pete filmed while drunk

slimtim454

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
no.. i was referring the the fact that most of the videos shown with mice and inverts is usually one where someone has put a mouse into the enclosure for fun... and it tends to tick alot of people off on the forums.
I thought it was normal to feed a mouse to a scorpion once and a while. I wouldnt think people on the forums would disagree with that. I guess I thought wrong.

tacomadiver

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
There is also a difference in feeding a mouse to an arachnid, and putting a mouse in with one just for the "fun" of watching it kill it then posting a video of that on the web.

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I thought it was normal to feed a mouse to a scorpion once and a while. I wouldnt think people on the forums would disagree with that. I guess I thought wrong.
The was a pretty big mouse, although I've seen people feed big ones, but it's messy and obviously the whole thing can't be consumed. A lot do fuzzies and pinkies. Those can be consumed throughout the course of a day. But, unless you were looking for that kind of situation, which most aren't, you wouldn't put your scorp in that situation to simply feed it.

slimtim454

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The was a pretty big mouse, although I've seen people feed big ones, but it's messy and obviously the whole thing can't be consumed. A lot do fuzzies and pinkies. Those can be consumed throughout the course of a day. But, unless you were looking for that kind of situation, which most aren't, you wouldn't put your scorp in that situation to simply feed it.
Yea you've got a good point. I always wondered from seeing some of those youtube videos if they could finish a mouse like that. I'm sure they are at risk for being harmed by a big mouse too.

Newports

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah theres always a chance of the scorp. getting hurt by the mice. and I wouldn't want to clean up the bloody guts, feet,tail, mayb even the head! Gross.

tacomadiver

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I liken it to walking down a crowded street with a boa (snake not feathered) around your neck. Could be the most docile boa in history, but peoples perceptions are such that it could a problem. Sometimes we as hobbiests need to protect the weak stomached from themselves. I think that posting them where people that specifically look for it is one thing, on youtube where people just wander onto them is a little irresposible.
However, this is just my opinion and I wouldn't want to push it on other people. It is a still at this time a free country.

Chris

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Old pics I've never posted.

I think this is more than enough for them. :).

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I've fed pinkies to my emps they actually attack it with more intesity than crix.

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
no dought...i honestly fel bad the first time but everytime I've done it they killed it quikly...then I got a baby python(not much of a baby now).

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I feel bad when they sit there for hours before they're eaten. But they eventually go down.

Zman16

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've fed pinkies to my emps they actually attack it with more intesity than crix.
My emp barely uses his claws/tail to take down a pinky. Its just a slow process of eating it alive. I actually have video of it.

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Was actually a cool video. Neat to see how rodents can act co-operatively.