Check out my balls ;-)

AviculariaLover

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Since I'm a girl, by balls I mean my pythons ;P It's a nice hot sunny day so I took them outside today for some pictures.

They're both "normals" but they arent normal to me... my big girl Bijou I've had for nearly three years and she's the love of my life. With every shed she gets lighter and her pattern is just awesome, I got so lucky, I ordered her online and never even saw her beforehand! Would never do that again, but wow.

And this is Jacques... a teensy baby boy I got a week ago that's eaten two adult mice so far, hope to get him onto frozen once he's gotten a little fatter and settled in. I absolutely love his patterns, chose him out of about 100 baby balls we got into the pet store I work at. Love the high white sides and flames... and the top halves of his eyes are green. Maybe almost pastel-ish? Hehe. I can dream, anyway :rolleyes:

Just thought I'd share {D

I hope to breed them, do you think the lil guy could be ready by this fall or should I wait to try until next year? I've heard they can breed as young as 6 months so he'd be ready by that standard but I've heard that can stress them out too much.

roach dude

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
arrgh i click on this very excited about the balls! very nice balls

C.S

Arachnopeon
Great shots....love the female.
Very "puzzle-like" pattern to her.
As for breeding young males...it is possible but best to wait for next season, give him a year to get some size to him that way it would be less daunting to him.

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Yeah, I would wait on the male, too. I heard a while back on another forum that males will frequently not eat during breeding season ANYWAY (true for my unmated male), and if they are allowed to mate they might go off their feed even more and try to burn more energy than a teeny thin youngster has. That's why breeders generally use a combination of age *and* weight to figure whether or not breeding's a good idea. :)

Bijou there is GORGEOUS, lookit that huge body. I wonder if my boy will ever be that big. {D I know males are smaller, but then, he's only two.

Goomba

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey AviculariaLover, if you wan't pictures of my Balls you can go ahead and PM me.

By the way, nice snakes. Can't wait to get some myself.

AviculariaLover

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Haha yes, I couldnt resist.

Yeah, I'll see how he fattens up but I'll probably wait on the breeding. We have a good scale at the pet store so I'll check him out periodically.

And thanks for the compliments :D I love my big girl... she's about three and a half feet and she's a pig, she can down a full size rat, though I usually stick with medium ones. I have a friend with a ball that size and still feeds her mice... I was like whaaa?? I guess some people underestimate how much those jaw muscles can stretch... though I only feed frozen so its easier, I imagine feeding big live rats could be a bit of a battle. As it is, I dunno if you can tell in the pictures, Bijou was bitten up in a few places down her back by a mouse she didnt eat when she was little. Luckily she quickly adapted to f/t and the scars healed up nicely.

Last edited:

ChrisNCT

ChrisinTennessee
Old Timer
Very nice snakes. I love my Ball Pythons and I have many of them.

markface

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
good lookin critters ! i would definatelt wait till your male is over 1 year old and preferably closer to 18 months to breed him . though it's possible to breed them much younger , it's not really a good idea .