Chaco Golden Stripe Female Behavior

Gail

Arachnopixie
Old Timer
My one female chaco that molted recently, and I believe is definately mature, seems to be in a frenzy all of a sudden to go on walk about. She has always been a curious soul who likes to come out and have a look around but lately she has been trying to force the lid off her cage, wants out and doesn't want to go back in and taps with her front legs. She seems so restless - tearing her cage up, over turning her water dish and moving substrate like a bulldozer. Nothing has changed about her house - same humidity and temp and substrate. Is this the breeding season for chacos and she's looking for a mate or is she just getting wierd on me.

Gail

Kenny

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Behavior

Hi..:)

Well,,I have a female Chaco, about 7' and she went "bananas"
the first days I had her in her new enclosure.
She walked all over, climbing, and when I finally got some "height", i.e. she could touch ground while touching ceiling with her legs,,, she calmed down.

Mine hasn't gone into molt for me yet.
She's a 100% sexed female-adult.

Could it be that yours gone into a kinda after-molt-behavior ?

I mean from my rookie experience of my chaco's behavior in the cage and after I changed it.

She's so sweet.:)

Kenny

Bearacuda42

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Chacos!!

;P ;P Well mine just molted and is a huge 8" female and she is doing the same thing as well and i know she knows its time for breeding as yes shes bulldozing as well and walking the walls to and just seems to want out really bad..she could also be wantting to go down into a deeper burrow as winter is fast commin in here and the nights are getting alot colder.. Im hooking her up with a real deep burrow as we speak and then well time to hook her up with a male..let me know how yours acts in a few days.. I will let you know on mine as well .. But i really belive it is time for a breeding..hehehehehe!! ;P ;P Alot of my real mature females will act this way when they molt out ..;P =DAlso mine is not a sweet T she would rather rip your hand off... ;P

Last edited:

Gail

Arachnopixie
Old Timer
Bearacuda, my chaco finally settled down - I gave her a new, bigger house with an artificially burrow and a huge silk ivy plant that cascades all around it. She is very happy now, moved right into the burrow and fixed it up like home. Sits at the mouth of it like a proud new home owner sitting on her front porch. No more digging, no more pacing :)

Gail

Bearacuda42

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Not mine!!!

;P ;P =D :? Well got a few secs to post and gota run,,, well mine has not changed at all and i let her out now just so she can wonder around and burn off energy shes a real nut case thats for sure but, well i am getting a male for her and we will go from there... and when she dont get play time out she gets really pissed and trashes her cage...Talk about PMS!!!!! later... ;P ;P =D :?

Attachments

sandanspidey

Arachnopeon
My first chaco was the most docile T I ever saw it never tore up the cage. She also blessed me a few years ago by being the first succesful captive breeding in the USA. My second female is docile too but she goes non stop over turning everything, she just dropped a eggsac for me last week I am keeping my fingers crossed.
Doug