chaco golden knee

bronxdevine

Arachnopeon
hello need help my chaco golden knee stays on the walls of the kritter keeper & does not come onto the floor try feeding her cricket left it over night chaco wont eat it's been a week since last feeding bought chaco golden knee about a week could it be stress from travel or something else temp is 75 & i use coconut fiber & i have mist fiber for moisture please help thank you

JC50

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hello.It sounds like the substrate is too wet as they like it dry.

bronxdevine

Arachnopeon
thanks for reply had the coconut fiber dry same reaction on the side of wall not coming down should i change anything or monitor the t"s

JC50

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It might just be that the spider is getting used to it`s new environment and will adjust in its own time.They do however like it dry and depending on the size of the spider you can provide a water dish.Slings will not need one right away but can be provided for moisture when it gets bigger.

bronxdevine

Arachnopeon
thank you for the info only had the t for about a week she's 4 inches in size will let her be thanks all your help!

JC50

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
One of the benefits of this site is the search function in the top right hand corner of the page.This is the place where you can find answers from very experienced members who have taken the time to organize information to answer most questions from feeding to breeding and always educational for those that have questions.
I know i have learned a lot from using it and the best part it is free.:)

---------- Post added at 10:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 AM ----------

thank you for the info only had the t for about a week she's 4 inches in size will let her be thanks all your help!
You are very welcome and my pleasure and at 4 inches you can provide a water dish.

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
So your chaco doesn't like moist or dry coconut fiber? I'd say you should try a different substrate. And since there are a ton of threads about this subject, I'm not going to start another one. Use the search function for the word: Substrate. Good luck.

Rob1985

This user has no status.
So your chaco doesn't like moist or dry coconut fiber? I'd say you should try a different substrate. And since there are a ton of threads about this subject, I'm not going to start another one. Use the search function for the word: Substrate. Good luck.
that just happened! ;P

Johnny1320

Arachnopeon
In your first punctuation free paragraph i believe you you mentioned its not eating. Mine did not eat and paced the walls before it molted.

Rob1985

This user has no status.
In your first punctuation free paragraph i believe you you mentioned its not eating. Mine did not eat and paced the walls before it molted.
it's a Grammastola too. lol

my G.pulchripes sling does odd things on a regular basis. {D

Rob1985

This user has no status.
I habe a 3/4-1" one that throws up threats pretty often. I though that was pretty strange.
mine throws up fake threat posture. Just raises the front legs. Usually does this with prey... then devours it.

newspidermom

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My Chaco did the very same thing for a good 2-3 weeks after I got her. They do like it pretty dry and seems you fixed that issue...so I'm sure it's just settling in. Mine was always on the walls and at times she'd hang upside down which made me real nervous cause she has a large faux rock hid that is rough and even though it wasn't a long drop I knew she'd still get hurt if she landed on that. So I actually put a small towel in to cover and cushion the hide just in case...lol. She eventually found her favorite spot under her hide and now I have the opposite problem...she never comes out....lol.