Cerbalus avaraensis care

Brewser

AraneaeRebel
Arachnosupporter
Yet another Denizen of the Middle East.
Cerbalus aravaensis a Israeli Huntsman, how Hot is that?
Found in the Southern Arava Valley of Israel. (thus the Name) and Jordan.
A fairly speedy spider as well.

Last edited:

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
I think I’ll be packing a separate post and report overviewing my entire husbandry process instead of bumps that may not be found. But……

Noticed this morning she stopped carrying/rotating the sac and it was out in the open but didn’t have time to check what was going on.

I just got back from an errand a few moments ago and started doing maintenance rounds, what do I see…..? A Cerbalus sp. “Egypt” sling! IMG_0070.jpeg

Called my wife in to come see, sent photos to a few arachnid/insect friends. Then went back for another look after noticing two in different locations.
IMG_0073.jpeg IMG_0075.jpeg

Then I see this…..! IMG_0076.jpeg IMG_0076.jpeg

So a pretty decent success thus far!! And time to do a lot of fun separating soon!

I’ll update here and in a separate new post !

Attachments

Last edited:

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
a couple shows back we had about 10 of them. I was so tempted to buy, I didn't and now I kind off regret it. I wanted to do more research on husbandry

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
a couple shows back we had about 10 of them. I was so tempted to buy, I didn't and now I kind off regret it. I wanted to do more research on husbandry
Oh nice! I felt the same way and thought I might not be able to given the lack of info on them, but l I took a shotl and I’m glad I did!
I’ll definitely be writing up separate husbandry and care for them so hopefully , when you get them 😉 you’ll succeed too!