Ceratogyrus darlingi ''African horned baboon

trainwrecksk

Arachnopeon
My darlingi has had a sac for about a week now this is my first time trying for a sac. what i am asking is for some tips to keep her from eating it ,temp, humidity, if i should keep atleast one cricket in there or not? anything really just to help me have this successful

Here are a few pictures before she started
sorry for picture quality

Attachments

losct2381

Arachnosquire
I by think theirs a book on breeding just leave her alone once she drops make sure u got a big water dish and leave her alone in the dark cover her an put her in a Hirt place and let her do her thing just don't let anything bother her or she will have a big lunch

Nerri1029

Chief Cook n Bottlewasher
Old Timer
It the sac a free moving ball ? or is it attached to walls and/or substrate?

If it's attached you can simply remove the Mom and let it hatch, place window screening between lid and enclosure to prevent the tiny slings from escaping.

For most baboons they do not need to "tend" the egg sac like many New World species, who roll and massage the egg sac. I have pull both sacs my S. calceatum laid and puled and left sacs my P. murinus laid.

good luck :)

trainwrecksk

Arachnopeon
She has got herself closed in I dont want to look to see if it is attached and risk her eating it. what would you suggest i do?

Nerri1029

Chief Cook n Bottlewasher
Old Timer
She has got herself closed in I dont want to look to see if it is attached and risk her eating it. what would you suggest i do?
There is always leaving her with the sac until they hatch, BUT then getting her out with slings around will be more difficult.

Can you get her out of the enclosure?? and into another?

that would be my solution to being afraid of an eaten sac.

I've used CO2 to separate my S. calceatum from her sac.
She would not move away from it. practically leaving one leg on it at all times.

But CO2 isn't something I'd recommend for someone to try for the first time on a Mother and a sac.