Ceratogyrus Brachycephalus Molting Series

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I just got back from my morning Sociology class and I noticed that my C brachycephalus has flipped herself over for a molt. PErfect timing too. Last night I dug up her burrow because I suspected an incoming molt and I wanted her outside of her burrow for it. Well a day later she is upside down. HEre is a picture of her on her back. I will post more as the day progresses and she molts more. This is the same spider that I showed photos of the other day. Strange that it didnt fast at all.

Attachments

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So I went to teach the class that I teach art to on Fridays and when i got back the spider was done so I extracted its exuvium and here it is on its back recorvering...with very white fangs and much growth.

Attachments

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Oh very pretty.
I can't wait to see her top up.

Congrates on the successful moult.

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Here she is flipped over. I am pretty certain she is a female. I even posted asking the board and was pretty much confirmed. She seems to have lost much of the black markins on her cephalothorax. That is OK though.

Attachments

Joanie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Nice looking spider!!

Do you know what size C. brachys typically reach as adults? Mine is about 4" now, I'm just wondering how big she'll get.

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Some females mature at only 3.5 inches and others can get to be just over 5 inches. They are not a very big spider but they are very thick legged. MAles tend to have bigger leg spans than the females at maturity as well.

Joanie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I thought I'd read somewhere that they're on the small side. Thanks!