Centruroides gracilis

Ashley2070

Arachnopeon
Hey guys! so I just got a couple new slings in the mail and the person I bought them from was awesome and threw in 2 C. gracilis scorpions.
I'm going to need to set up an enclosure for them but I've never cared for scorpions before so any tips and information would be great on how to set up the enclosure, care, etc. Can these guys live together? How big does the enclosure need to be? Can they climb? How fast are they? Basically I'm used to keeping tarantulas so I'm under the impression they're enclosures/care will be similar? I know that's not really the best way of thinking but I don't have a whole lot of experience so please scorpion enthusiasts enlighten me!

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
Hey guys! so I just got a couple new slings in the mail and the person I bought them from was awesome and threw in 2 C. gracilis scorpions.
I'm going to need to set up an enclosure for them but I've never cared for scorpions before so any tips and information would be great on how to set up the enclosure, care, etc. Can these guys live together? How big does the enclosure need to be? Can they climb? How fast are they? Basically I'm used to keeping tarantulas so I'm under the impression they're enclosures/care will be similar? I know that's not really the best way of thinking but I don't have a whole lot of experience so please scorpion enthusiasts enlighten me!
I am guessing they are slings as well, but I am about to get some as well! I believe they just need damp sub (weekly water overflow?) and a diagonal cork bark to climb on.

Ashley2070

Arachnopeon
I am guessing they are slings as well, but I am about to get some as well! I believe they just need damp sub (weekly water overflow?) and a diagonal cork bark to climb on.
No they are actually juveniles I believe or adults maybe Idk how big they get but they look about 3-4 inches. Anyway thanks for the info setting up the enclosure now so that definitely helps!

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
No they are actually juveniles I believe or adults maybe Idk how big they get but they look about 3-4 inches. Anyway thanks for the info setting up the enclosure now so that definitely helps!
Where did you buy them from? Wish more dealers gave scorp freebies ;) Post pics of them in the enclosure. Love to see it myself :)

Ashley2070

Arachnopeon
Where did you buy them from? Wish more dealers gave scorp freebies ;) Post pics of them in the enclosure. Love to see it myself :)
I got them from Pinchers and pokies. Really awesome couple from SC I believe they were quick and easy to communicate with, very friendly and all around good people I would definitely recommend them.
Oh and I'll try and post better/closer pictures when they're more active, they're both hiding right now.
Apparently I have a breeding couple and the female is gravid so I will have my work cut out for me:happy:

Attachments

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
I got them from Pinchers and pokies. Really awesome couple from SC I believe they were quick and easy to communicate with, very friendly and all around good people I would definitely recommend them.
Oh and I'll try and post better/closer pictures when they're more active, they're both hiding right now.
Apparently I have a breeding couple and the female is gravid so I will have my work cut out for me:happy:
Love the look, though that KK will lose a lot of humidity. Love the little guy on the end ;)

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I typically keep them in deli cups with small holes punched in (with a thumbtack, as they grow I give them a larger enclosure with larger holes)
100% cocofiber. Misted weekly
A slab of leaning bark.

And that's it! Room temp to 85F is perfect for them in my experience. Been keeping and breeding them for 6 years now!