Centruroides gracilis Question

ReignofInvertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
To keep it short, I've had a male and female pair communally housed for about a month, and I haven't seen any signs of scorplings yet. Can anyone give me some info on how long before they will emerge and if there's anything I can do to stimulate mating (in the case that they haven't even mated)? Thanks.

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
Giving more heat can really help them mate. As for sign, the female with be VERY thick, abnormally so. Once you see that, just seperate them and let the female give birth. May be wrong, but they could need a specific mating platform like a flat stone? I Know some sp. need this.

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
To keep it short, I've had a male and female pair communally housed for about a month, and I haven't seen any signs of scorplings yet. Can anyone give me some info on how long before they will emerge and if there's anything I can do to stimulate mating (in the case that they haven't even mated)? Thanks.
In a months time, doubtful to see scorplings, their gestation period is longer.

Maybe @gromgrom can answer your questions. I know he has bred this species, I've gotten 6 from a brood he produced 1 1/2 yrs. ago.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Just because they are housed together does not mean they have mated. If they have mated then you would not see signs so soon - their gestation period is longer than that.

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
In a months time, doubtful to see scorplings, their gestation period is longer.

Maybe @gromgrom can answer your questions. I know he has bred this species, I've gotten 6 from a brood he produced 1 1/2 yrs. ago.
yep, their gestation is typically 3-5 months IME.

I'd just keep feeding up the female. If she truely is gravid, she will continue eating heavily.