Centruroides exilicauda

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I got some Centruroides exilicauda Arizona Bark Scorpions Man there neat little scorpions. As soon as I get a digital camera I will post some pics. Now the next thing on my list is a A. bicolor. The more scorpions I get the more I like them! Soon I may like them better than my tarantulas :eek:

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yep. they are pretty cool little guys, huh? How many did you get? I really like how you can set up like little mini-enclosures for them due to their small size. I started out keeping T's too and I do still love them very much but centipedes have without a doubt become my favorite invert. I'm quickly gaining interest in scorps too but I have to be careful not to take on too much.

Good luck with the new scorps.

Atrax

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
Hey Gary,

How many did you get and what size container do you have them in...been planning to get some for awhile but haven't gotten around to it...they are about 2" in length..am I right?

John
; ' /

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yep, about 2". I had 2 from before, and received 7 in a recent trade. I donated 2 of those to the Butterfly Pavillion so I currently have 7. I keep them in keepers around this size.

Atrax

Last edited:

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
C.exilicauda are great. A very managable size, a nice attitude and toxicity (makes for some fun feeding) and they can be kept communaly. I have 21 in a 20 gallon aquarium set up in a scrubland type style.

Scorpions are by far my favourite inverts (in case anyone had any doubts.) ;)

Please do post some pics ASAP. I hope you find these little guys as rewarding as I do.

Cheers,
Dave

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Well I got two, and there about 2" also. I couldn't pass them up at $15 for the pair shipped. Man Dave that must be an awsome setup. How neat it would be to have a tank like that set up on a stand in the living room! :) I'll work on the pics, mabye I'll do it the old fashion way with film and a scanner.

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
That's a good price. Private deal? I got mine from a guy named Mike Smith who lives in Arizona. He offers a great price on them.

Yeah, the setup is great. I have it on my desk so that I can just look up at any time and chances are I will see a scorpion. It is too early for the light to be on yet (what the hell am I doing up?), but I see four of them.

Cheers,
Dave

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Yeah priviate deal. speaking of being I get my butt work! :(

Edit: Hmmmmmmm I think I was running a little late. Can you tell :) This site is dangerous I'm justing posting away without a care in the world and then skinhead dave points the time out. :eek:
I still can't believe I didn't catch it. The thing being late does to you ;)

Last edited:

zoobugs

L.D.50
Old Timer
Good Luck with your exilicaudas! They are very hardy and undemanding. I started with 8, and before I knew it, I was up to my butt in babies! You may soon have more than you need! LOL!
Best...
Jim

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
Originally posted by Kugellager
Thats a funny one...wish I saw the film

John
; ' /
Actually, it was an old Nintendo video game called "Zero Wing" that was imported from Japan, and had a notoriously high "Engrish" content. One of the ending scenes in one of the levels had the villian appearing on the screen and saying "All your base are belong to us!" Apparently, the Japanese creators of the game more interested in "time to market" than accurate English. :)

Anyway, AYBABTU is a kind of Internet legend now... it's the subject of numerous spoofs and spin-offs, and has also come to be known as a phrase you say to someone who's just managed to spout off an unintelligible stream of English (alleged). :)

Sorry about having a little fun at your expense, jwb... all ingood fun.

Scott, thanks for getting the joke. :D

Ok, I'm done being a geek now...

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
Actually I did know that it was some poor Japanese translation and I had read about it somewhere but for the life of me I could not remember.

Senility I suppose.

John
; ' /

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
At one point I found a site that had a little mpeg of the cutscene. I have to see if I can find it again.

Scott

Mister Internet

Arachnosupporter +
Thanks, Kuge... seems like there's hundreds of little sites each with their own little angle on AYB, but all of them ALWAYS give me a laugh!

"Somebody set up us the bomb."

Mister Internet

Arachnosupporter +
MORE AYB

Here is another addition to the AYB saga we have going on here... courtesy Calvin & Hobbes and a computer geek with too much free time (not me):

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Man, oh man. That has got to be the most entertaining AYB yet. It should be set to music. ;)

Cheers,
Dave

HufnPuf

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i have a vinyl Electronic Dance Music record that samples that phrase...never knew what it meant till now-thanks!