centipedes killing roaches

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
We may vary on what constitutes picking a fight, Hedorah99. This is Drachenjager and I doing a little posturing and asserting ourselves, which is pretty normal around here from what I've seen. Picking a fight, in my experience usually involves fists, various blunt objects, sharp things, and some of the neat machines of war humans have ingeniously (albeit maliciously) constructed. On topic- Aren't roaches also problematic in that they hide inside walls and crevices etc? It would explain the predisposition towards using pesticides because it's a "fire and forget" solution. I've seen wild roaches on Vancouver Island, I'm not sure if they're native to the place. They're ridiculously fast, well armored and quick breeding. All the endearing aspects of good roaches, lol. My little brother dropped a 3 pound rock on one from about 36 inches up (I'm eccentric, for a Canadian because I cant stand the metric system), and the darned thing still scuttled away at a good rate of speed. It seems to be a bit of a catch 22 with chemical vs predatory methods of roach control, as I'm sure neither can garuntee that they wont return, even if all of them were killed off. Jokingly, maybe you should try to negotiate with them. Pay them to leave?:?
Roaches cannot be negotiated with!!!

Sorry about the afore mentioned comment. i have seen so much bickering around here lately I assumed it was an actual argument over who had the more kick arse fauna. My apologies to both of you.

As far as chemical control, its a spray and pray method, but in the long run it may be more effective than biological control in an apartment setting. The amount of critters, whether it be gecko or centipede, needed to control a blossoming established american/german roach colony would probably need to be so large they would in fact become pests themselves. I am not positive about that but it seems like a possibility.

nuclear_zombies

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
No problem dude, it's all good. I agree that there is some malice behind many posts! It's just never personal with me. I will call it as I see it good, bad or indifferent. I feel it is unprofessional to attack someones person and be excessively rude, though I've been guilty of it too. A little bit of butting heads isnt really a big deal to me at all, it can actually be quite stimulating and lead to greater understanding. Even in AB, you get ALL kinds. I'm a bit of a nut myself, and I am quite tolerant of other nuts.

As much as I dislike the use of any poison (for the blatantly obvious reason that it is poison), you are likely right about the roach problem. It's likely hundreds or thousands of the little buggers infesting the place. Here's a nutty solution (I am in no way serious): Move to Calgary. The worst infestation I've ever heard of here was a moderate termite problem, and some issues with small mice.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
We may vary on what constitutes picking a fight, Hedorah99. This is Drachenjager and I doing a little posturing and asserting ourselves, which is pretty normal around here from what I've seen. Picking a fight, in my experience usually involves fists, various blunt objects, sharp things, and some of the neat machines of war humans have ingeniously (albeit maliciously) constructed. On topic- Aren't roaches also problematic in that they hide inside walls and crevices etc? It would explain the predisposition towards using pesticides because it's a "fire and forget" solution. I've seen wild roaches on Vancouver Island, I'm not sure if they're native to the place. They're ridiculously fast, well armored and quick breeding. All the endearing aspects of good roaches, lol. My little brother dropped a 3 pound rock on one from about 36 inches up (I'm eccentric, for a Canadian because I cant stand the metric system), and the darned thing still scuttled away at a good rate of speed. It seems to be a bit of a catch 22 with chemical vs predatory methods of roach control, as I'm sure neither can garuntee that they wont return, even if all of them were killed off. Jokingly, maybe you should try to negotiate with them. Pay them to leave?:?
how could i fight with someone with a name like that ?!?! i mean come on with that name i gotta love em lol reminds me of a movie i saw once lol was great for a low grade horror flick lol
naahh i didnt figgure that nuke would be offended and am not lol i was just ragging on lol Actually one of my best friends is from NS Canada and i give her a real hard time lol

and yeah they do infest walls , in fact terminix was my last option before soaking it down with diesel and torching the place ...i am not joking about that either

venybeny

Arachnopeon
ok everybody finally thank you all for your input. 2 of you kinda started arguing then made up, so it's all good. It was fun to read.:)
I've finally decided that I shouldn't get centipedes. They seemed like a good solution but I'm pretty sure they'll get poisoned from the roaches. I finally decided: I'm moving out to another place. :( After a year of living here and dealing with hundreds of roaches, I've been getting real sick lately and my doctor has said that its possible its the bugs. I've been cleaning non-stop, getting all leaks fixed, used so many pesticides, diatomacious earth, boric acid, roach motels, sprays, and even sticky tape. I'm finally giving up. YOU HEAR THAT, ROACHES, YOU WIN!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: A final word: For all you, smarty pants out here, please invent something that will nuke those b-stards. Oh wait, I forgot those damn things can live through a nuclear explosion. You get my drift. Venybeny out.

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Well...no, don't not get a centipede. Just keep it in a tank and get a couple tokay geckoes.

Spyder 1.0

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
ive heard that bears do wonders. Yeah. Bears. Just let one or two loose in that apartment and you will be set!. :nododgy

Tleilaxu

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Just get Paris Hilton to move to that place... the roaches will leave real quick LOL!