Ceiling fan

Transylvania

Gondorian
Old Timer
I know tarantulas hate it when you blow on em, so what about ceiling fans? My A.genic is in a meshtop terrarium in my room where it can get pretty hot this time of year. Would the fan freak her out and/or make it too cold for her?
Thanks in advance.

william

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
fan

i have a fan on all the time .don't think it bothers them as long as they have a hide away spot.like a plant or pot on its side .

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Is the fan actually blasting air on the spider? I think not. Besides it does have a hide, right? Turn the fan on, it aint gonna hurt anything

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I agree with the posters above, so long as the fan is not on warp drive right over the T then I dont think there will be an issue. It does get windy in the wild so I dont see a fake wind being to big a deal.

You might have to keep a closer eye on the water dish though, thats bound to evaporate a little faster.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
If you dont have AC then all you are really doing is swirling hot air, and if its to hot like you seem to think it might be in the summer then a little cooling wont be a big deal. I leave a window open for some fresh air but no fan till I get home.

Thoth

Arachnopharoah
Old Timer
One of the main reasons a t does not like it when you blow on them, because of the the temp and CO2, makes them "think" it is a predator after them.

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i agree with toth - i think the fan moves constantly and will be percieved as wind, if it even reaches the t. the blowing, on the other hand, is sudden and local, and ts associate it with danger or food.

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yes i to agree with all the others lol thats got to be a first for me :D {D:rolleyes: :) ;) ---- phil

verry_sweet

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
yes i to agree with all the others lol thats got to be a first for me :D {D:rolleyes: :) ;) ---- phil
wow Yeah it is haha.

I also have a fan set on low in my spider room which gets turned on a few hours a day. The spiders do not care one bit.

off topic- saddlepatch we have sent our mares to your dads we had a foal by Richter Scale how cool is that......sorry I'm a geek haha ;P

Steph

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I know tarantulas hate it when you blow on em, so what about ceiling fans? My A.genic is in a meshtop terrarium in my room where it can get pretty hot this time of year. Would the fan freak her out and/or make it too cold for her?
Thanks in advance.
a ceiling fan will make your room very dry if kept on for long periods of time.

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
wow Yeah it is haha.

I also have a fan set on low in my spider room which gets turned on a few hours a day. The spiders do not care one bit.

off topic- saddlepatch we have sent our mares to your dads we had a foal by Richter Scale how cool is that......sorry I'm a geek haha ;P

Steph
first time for every thing lol lol ----- phil :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Scott C.

Arachnofloater
Old Timer
a ceiling fan will make your room very dry if kept on for long periods of time.
Indeed it will. Perfect for a bunch of boxes full of moisture, and lacking ventilation.....