cave in

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
nothing if you are not too worried - there is no reason why your t shouldn't be able to get out on its own, or is there?

if you are really worried, you can go ahead and dig it out carefully - you can use a small plastic spoon. and when you found your t, you can take the chance to change the substrate to something more stable. a mixture of potting soil and a little bit of sand (no more than 20%) works very well for burrowing species.

gaully

Arachnopeon
thanks Alice. It's reasonably a big cave in. how long should i wait before helping

ErikH

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I should think you could let it go for a couple of days before digging.

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
me too - on the other hand, as the t's burrow is already destroyed, you might as well go ahead and change the substrate now.

gaully

Arachnopeon
thanks for the advice you two never a dull moment keeping T's heyhttp://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/images/smilies/eusa_clap.gif
:clap:

Python

Arachnolord
Old Timer
What kind of substrate is it and how deep is it? If it isn't too deep, or the T was near the top of the burrow when it caved in the T can probably dig it's way out. Even with that in mind, as has already been said, since it's already destroyed, I wouldn't worry about digging it up (unless it was an OBT or something that could really surprise you that is!). Be careful while digging though. It only takes one wrong move to injure the T or for it to suddenly come flying out of the substrate with your finger in it's jaws. I would recommend taking it VERRRRY SLOW and look for any movement after each spoon of substrate you move. Good luck with it and keep us posted.

gaully

Arachnopeon
the substate is coconut .It's about 8cm's deep my T's about 4cm's diameter thanks for the advice every one.I'll keep you's posted

gaully

Arachnopeon
I've dug her out everyone. she;s still got most of her home ,iv'e modified it for her she seem happy with it so far thanks for the help:? :? :clap: