Caught a big Tegenaria agrestis today :D

driver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I spotted one a couple weeks back, but didn't get a chance to cup it before it had taken off on me. Today I was out in my backyard and spotted another, this time I managed to cup her before she gt away. She's a real fatty too, I think she could be gravid.

How should I set her enclosure up to keep her around?

JPD

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
What method did you use to positively id it as a T.agrestis? Just curious.

driver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
What method did you use to positively id it as a T.agrestis? Just curious.
I lie dead center in the upper half of the hobo's range, i've been keeping an eye out for them for a while now. When I cupped this one I brought it back and compared it to all the t. agrestis pictures i had saved for a visual confirmation, when i was satisfied enough that she looked enough like the pictures i got her in a ziplock and examined the markings on her sternum as compared to a picture i had found searching the archives on the forum here with a positive matchup.

I'll post pics when I get a new charger for my camera. If anyone has any information on the care of tegenaria species, please fill me in. I'd like to see her survive to hatch out, she looks gravid as all hell.

JPD

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I lie dead center in the upper half of the hobo's range, i've been keeping an eye out for them for a while now. When I cupped this one I brought it back and compared it to all the t. agrestis pictures i had saved for a visual confirmation, when i was satisfied enough that she looked enough like the pictures i got her in a ziplock and examined the markings on her sternum as compared to a picture i had found searching the archives on the forum here with a positive matchup.

I'll post pics when I get a new charger for my camera. If anyone has any information on the care of tegenaria species, please fill me in. I'd like to see her survive to hatch out, she looks gravid as all hell.
By sternum comparison you mean the presence of or lack of dots? How did the epigynum look?

Please refer to this helpful article by Rick Vetter:
http://pep.wsu.edu/pdf/PLS116_1.pdf

With regard to care.....easy....In a container with some potting soil and a few little somethings in which she can build her web around. Give her a few days and she will web-up great. Give her a light misting once or twice per week and feed her prey relative for her size.
Very easy to care for....and let me know if your id turns out to be a positive match....I want some of those babes;)