Cat Ouched

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Why can't they make a crutch/brace/prosthesis for his leg? That should brace him so his spine won't get hurt?
Color me clueless. The ortho doc that I feel would have been able to competently answer that question died in a plane crash in the early 80's.

The Snark

Old Timer
And... he's now walking on all four again, albeit gingerly. At first it was purely autonomic but now he is voluntarily reaching out to snag things.
Technical: the extensor muscles over the radius were partially paralyzed along with unknown degree of effect on the sensory and spontaneous/autonomic associated nerves. Basically it's all about nerves since they stimulate all cellular regrowth and they grow very slow - as little as 1mm a month.
So if you happen to get tagged by a cobra and are no longer able to fit your elbow in your ear, there is hope. Give it a few months while practicing your yoga.

The Snark

Old Timer
So here it is, abouts 10 months down the lane. If you recall curious cat vs king cobra.

His leg has pretty much returned to straight forwards and about a month ago he was able to extend the foreleg deliberately instead of the automaton thing. Still limps a bit and some radial myopathy still present along with about 1/3rd of the muscle lost to atrophy. But he romps, and is if anything more friendly and demented than ever. He also added a little bonus to his repertoire from all the attention I've been giving him and gets up on his hind legs a lot. To lean on things or on me for some head scratching. He also follows me about the house like a dog, insists on supervising any and all human activities, and loves to glomp leap on Gnarly the neurotic which she loathes with a passion.

So if you are out and planning to get a one fang tag from a ~6 foot Hannah into a muscle bundle, this might give you some idea of what you are in for.

Brachyfan

Arachnobaron
Been following this thread for a while. Glad to hear Snit is doing better! That's one kitty warrior ya got there :)